Anybody Use Band in a Box?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I am looking for a simple, easy to use app to make backing tracks to practice my guitar. There's all kinds of shit out there both free and pay for but a lot of them have so many features that at this time it would be overkill.
    I don't want to produce electronic rap videos, I just want a no brainer to use with realistic sounds of guitar, drum, bass and keyboards to practice with.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What do you want. My friend and I both produce. You should just buy Ableton and get some packs.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Haven't heard of Ableton. I want to record some blues and rock backing tracks in different keys and tempos to use when I practice my guitar. Something that sounds like real music instead of like it was electronically generated. I have been using a free web based thing at http://themajor7.com but the quality of sounds leaves a lot to be desired

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've been using Audacity to record myself and making tracks but I want something i can add bass, drums and maybe keyboards to and I don't play those instruments.

5. LaSalleAve

Audacity is a decent free program but honestly if you want a legit program you need ableton. You can then take samples or riffs and make music in it. It's expensive like 300 or something for Live Suite 9 but there is nothing it can't do.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I will check it out. Is there a free demo?

7. LaSalleAve

I'm pretty sure there is.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I looked at Ableton and it looks like I need a degree in rocket science to use and I still didn't see the features I want. I was going to watch a tutorial video but the one I started to watch was just Part 1 and it was 56 minutes long.

I don't have a demo of Band in the Box but I watched this 10 minute video and I already know how to do some of the things I want,

9. LaSalleAve

Ableton definitely takes some time to master but once you master it you can do anything. You could make an entire song with any instrument you want in ableton.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I went ahead and bought Band in a Box. Got 2017 Pro for Windows for $89.95. I has Real Tracks of music recorded by live musicians, not just computer generated midi tracks. It's taking forever to download the Real Packs. I need the connection that whoever hacked the DNC server had.