Any question this defensive coaching staff is horrible and needs to be replaced?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Cutrera got starting time last year if I remember correctly.

Here is a 3rd option that plays into the being inexperienced...is it possible that the LBs are to inexperienced to take control of the game and be able to check out of plays so the coaches dont make that a central focus point.

Because somewhere there is a breakdown. Last year Highsmith was GREAT at checking out of blitzs. That was under Bo, now this year new coDCs and the without the presence of a true impact player at LB has resulted in VERY little if any checking out of plays this year.

I just think that is the DCs were teaching this to one of the LBs and that LB was not doing the job then they would teach/show one of the other LBs how to do it. But since there is NO one that seems to do this I dont think it is part of the defensive playbook!

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You need to watch a replay of the game. I can't begin to tell you how many times players were just running around like they had their head cut off. Out of position is putting it mildly. It was embarrassing.

Our zone D is hopeless and that is purely on the coaching.

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I suppose that is possible, but I see LB as the most mental part of the defense and that cannot be taught in one year. CB's may be the most demanding physically, but LB must play mistake-free and actually have to jump plays(guess correctly), besides directing everyone else. I just see this as a linchpin, similar to a first year OLineman. Usually, they don't just step in their first year and shine. IMO, it's our biggest weakness. Perhaps the DCs deserve the blame but as yet, I am unwilling to give it all to them.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I dont think it is all their fault either. But it is their job to put the best players where they can help the most.

I agree LB is the most mental postion on the defensive side of the ball!