Any question this defensive coaching staff is horrible and needs to be replaced?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 25, 2008.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Why do you assume they have not been taught to check out of a play? Merely because they failed to do it properly?

By that logic, our DC also does not teach them to wrap up on tackles, get out of position, maintain lane discipline, not interfere, commit no penalties, and have no points scored.

It's quite a leap for me to assume that the coaches have not covered this, as opposed to first year players not doing their jobs. Could be both, but I see more of the players' hands on this.

2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

My one counter to that is that if it really was the they are being taught correctly and just not executing, there are players on the sideline that want a shot and they may think and react quicker than the starter in a given position.

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

If thats the case then if the person in position to make that call on the field would be replaced with someone that can do it.

And its not that they have failed...to fail you have to TRY and they have not even TRIED to check as far as I can see.

And our LBs are not first year players.

I would assume that if it was coached then when the DCs saw that Stafford was checking out of their blitzes then they would have been able to make the adjustments to cover this.

4. TheDude

I don't follow you. Why do you assume the coaches have not taught them to do this? Simply because they were unsuccessful at doing it? Don't you think that Crowton has taught Lee to not look down receivers or throw interceptions?

Because the players do not do it, you assume the coaches are not teaching them? It's possible, but assuming that is a stretch for me when you are talking about first year starters.

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

You quoted that same statement twice???? Hitting the bottle alittle to hard there Dude!

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Because if a player is not doing what his coach is telling/teaching him to do then he would be on the bench.
    All you need is one player to call the check not the whole team the whole team just needs to know the play they are checking to.

If the LB calls for the check and no one does it then yes that is the players fault!

If the LB is not seeing the play and is not calling the checks himself then that is his fault and the DCs need to replace him with someone that will. That would be the players fault.

We are not as shallow at LB as we are at QB and the LB is the one in charge of checking out of plays.

And our LBs are not first year starters.

7. TheDude

You got me there. I can't count the bottles...:lol:

8. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

hehe. Dude is just hopped up like the rest of us :)

I am just hoping i see someone get their head ripped off in this UFC PPV.

1 person likes this.
  9. TheDude

I disagree. I think we are quite shallow at LB, and Shepard, Cutrera, and Riley are all first year starters. Beckwith is the only experienced LB and it doesn't appear to be enough.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Defense is not the problem? They played well enough to win?

Since when is giving up 38 points at home satisfactory? And trust me, it would have been worse but Georgia didn't attempt to score after that.

This is LSU. We hit people in the mouth!

This is unacceptable.