Any question this defensive coaching staff is horrible and needs to be replaced?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 25, 2008.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Defense is not the problem. Multiple pick sixes is the problem. The Defense played well enough to win this game. Offense kept us 14 points down which contributed to the defensive issues.

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I don't agree with that at all. Pick 6 is a big play but the offense still scored their average. The defense did not. They never got difficult field position, but they consistently gave up huge plays. You can not put that on Lee.

Why is the offense supposed to be outsprint everyone? Is this the Big 12?

3. SabanFan

See my post in the other thread. The offense only picked it up when down by 2 or 3 TD's. When the defense gave them the ball with a chance to close within a score they consistently blew it. Georgia could not stop Charles Scott. He should have had 60 carries starting with the very 1st play of the game.

4. TheDude

And why were we consistently down 2-3 TDs? All on Lee? I think the turnovers were back breakers but am amazed the defense gets no blame while giving up 442 yards and 38 points.

Defense deserves no blame? Really? Taylor, Coleman, Eugene, McCray, Shepard, and Riley will be relieved to hear that in the film room tomorrow.

5. SabanFan

You miss my point. The defense sucked but the game could have been won without the gimme 17 points and the hurried incompletions due to Lee's inexperience. I don't understand how Crowton couldn't see how dominating Scott and the OL were in his cameo appearances.

6. TheDude

Was Lee in for the entire series, every series? Where was Hatch? How much did he do for us?

I put blame on Lee, but I refuse to put all the blame on Lee. Not even close with the lack of performance of the defense.

7. SabanFan

My issues are not with Lee.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

There is plenty of "blame" to go around. I'm at a loss at this point to comment. I'll watch the replay tomorrow and maybe I can see things clearer. I keep thinking that the defense has to step up though. It ain't over yet.

9. TheDude

What is it? Crowton? play calling?

My biggest issue is with LB and Saftey play. I thought we might improve by losing Sanders but losing Highsmith as well has apparently killed us. The hesitation by our LBs really is killing us. And the safeties should have been our safe spot but have also fallen down for us. CBs and Qb were the question marks going in to this season.

Qb is still a question, but the LB and Safeties falling down have completely shocked me.

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

The defense gave up 35 points to 2 Heisman potentials. The TD scored by Stafford on the QB sneak I place on the co-DCs, cause we were in that dumbass "Express" package on the freaking GOALLINE!

Where as Lee himself can be blamed for 14 points plus the FG from the 2nd INT. The last INT was 5 YARDS behind Lafell even if it wasnt intercepted there was NO WAY IN HELL Lafell was gonna catch it.

I say 80% blame for Lee!