Any question this defensive coaching staff is horrible and needs to be replaced?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

I see no real effort on the defense.. time & time again Ga blocked us & we quit... never do we fight thru the block... = lack of effort... = poor coaching.. we have talent - we don't have coaching..

2. Tiger007

Tiger007 The Kingfish

I think that it is a combination of both.

Co-Coordinators - Never been a big fan of this, but it must work somewhere, just not right now. Our d-line is too talented to look average - above average -- IMO they have the talent to be great this year.

Players - I don't think that it matters who is coaching our D, our secondary is just average AT BEST. We have to lay off of blitzing so that we can send an extra player or two to help our secondary against the pass. LSU defense has recently been built around distracting and destroying the opposing teams quarterbacks, but we don't have the secondary to be able to cut them loose. Rest assured, Peterson will be great, just too young right now. CLM WILL fix this problem! Have faith, LSU's defense will be resurected and dominate once again. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

3. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

Young corners will do that to a team... CB is the toughest position to play in football.

4. bmistr1023

bmistr1023 Founding Member

What happened to Mr. Cornerback of the country, Jai Eugene? He is out of position and beaten so many times what is the deal. As far as McCray, the only time you see him is when you can read his name and no.44 from behind. Something bad is going on with this group of guys. They really do seem so confused prior to the snap. Eugene and Peterson are two 5 star players.
    Too bad we had a former quarterback that was too stupid for all of our good. A lot of our problems out there point to that guy wrecking the 2008 team. The defense will play better when they have the confidence in the quarterback taking a leadership role on the team.

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

no question

6. van1977

van1977 Freshman

Hey Les....Get a Real Defensive Coordinator

Hey guys new to the site and I love it but we need a real def. Coordinator not....two co-Coordinators....also the two quarterback thing is never gonna work....Geaux Tigers...:mad:

7. van1977

van1977 Freshman

The bottom line is....if Les doesn't get a real def.coord.....he can apply for it....I hate to be so negative but our d-fence hasn't looked this bad in years...:cuss:

8. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

Re: Hey Les....Get a Real Defensive Coordinator

did it not work last year with flynn and perrilloux?

9. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Re: Hey Les....Get a Real Defensive Coordinator

Hatch and Lee are no Flynn and Perrilloux. Besides, other than a couple of first downs, Perrilloux didn't do much that was spectacular. I remember thinking that it was throwing Flynn's rhythm off.

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Who are 80% of the posters in this thread? Professional town criers? Is it like this every game?

Geez, our defense was never out of position, nor did they get the play call late. Pure and simple, out LBs and Safeties did not make plays. Cb's actually played well, except Eugene getting burned once.

You think the Co-DC coach payers to not wrap up a tackle when they get in the backfield? I saw at least 6 plays with Moreno caught in the backfield that went for a big play. Not even counting the GASHES(LB?) we got hit with on big plays.

Lee played streaky as usual, but where is the rest of the veteran team? Reading too much press, IMO.

Chicken littles love the rain.

1 person likes this.