Any Obama supporters care to list Obama's experience and/or qualifications?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 25, 2008.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Oil companies are not the only big corporations being afforded incentives in the form of tax breaks. Since you asked, though, the oil companies can do a lot more than refine their product. They haven't built new refineries because they don't need new refineries, but they've poured millions into improving the existing ones.

Umm, Yeah! That's exactly what I said.

Your envy of the rich is showing again.

The Rebublicans may lose this election because for 5 years the media has relentlessly pounded into the heads of the impressionable public that the country is now a piece of dog sh!t and it's all the fault of one man. And then along comes the Messiah and all bow at his feet because the same media tells them so.

About one-half of the country sees through the blue smoke and mirrors and remain proud to be part of the greatest country on earth, but that may not be enough.

2. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

I don't assume that the middle class is lazy, but I do know that there are a LOT of lazy ass people out there collecting checks for having babies and such. I can name quite a few if you need proof, it's NO myth. I also know there are a LOT of people out there working hard for what they have and what is the cut off for these tax increases? It's lowered at least twice since he spoke to Joe the Plumber.

YOU may not collect a check, but again, where does it stop, what is the cutoff?

Not true. Approximately 40% of Americans DON'T pay taxes. What's their price to live here?

I would love to live in a country where everybody prospers, but not at MY expense of MY hard work.

1 person likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm not the one shining their shoes. I'm simply protective of the middle class and why not, that is where most of us live. A big, productive, happy middle class is what has made America prosperous.

You're dreaming again. The Republicans are going to lose based on their lousy performance. It's not one man. It's the party that put him up and supported heart and soul and still does, obviously. They failed and are being replaced. That is the way it has always been.

Questioning the patriotism of those you disagree with is pathetic loser talk.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

The public does not want refineries built.... in their backyard. They are fine with the idea of more refineries, but they don't actually want them built anywhere.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/09/business/09refinery.html

What bullchit!

5. LSUDeek

Even the mayor of the town is partly an idiot:

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

SF is becoming dellusional.

You are voting for a person because you don't like another person. You are not voting for a person because you believe they will do the best job for our country otherwise McCain wouldn't even be an option. (this is my speculation)

Claiming the media is brainwashing everybody is a terrible argument. I could claim church has done the same thing but you will argue against that.

7. LSUDeek

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2118383/posts

Yuma County only Monday granted a "land use amendment" to build the refinery.

Maybe the reason that no new refineries have been built is because liberal governments everywhere have added years and years to the process for obtaining the necessary "permits". Over 3 years have elapsed since that previous article I just posted.

8. red55

Most of them make less than $20,000. Many are students, retirees, part-time employees, and young people in low paying jobs. If you work hard at minimum wage you make $13,000 a year. In a 10% bracket at that salary, the same standard deduction and two child exemptions that everyone can get puts them at $0 tax dollars owed. It doesn't mean they ain't working and filing and contributing to the economy. 13K is also what a Social Security retired worker's average income is, too. My graduate students earn $9 to $15K a year working part time and studying full time.

The extra taxes that you and I pay may keep a few dozen or so people living on paltry incomes from being impacted even more. Can't we take any pride in that? Our success enables a lot of Social Security retirees to get by paying less tax. It allows students to get through college.

The small percentage of jobless people and those on welfare have no income at all and clearly owe no income tax at all.

Yes, I know.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

One "L" in delusional there Skippy.

I am voting for a person because I'm afraid of another person.

The media has brainwashed those with sufficient empty space to allow it.

RED: You cannot denounce everyone's opinion or statement as "nonsense" or "bullchit" and expect a reasoned response.

10. red55

Perhaps I should start using "balderdash", "hogwash", "claptrap", "baloney", "bunk", "bilge", or "malarkey".

Look, an opinion is just an opinion. But declarative statements can have their truthfulness questioned. You do it all the time, we all do.

It is the dubious undocumented "facts" tossed around here that I call BS on. Do I not follow it up with an explanation, evidence, documentation or other reason to call something nonsense? I don't just holler, "bullchit" and leave it at that.