Any Obama supporters care to list Obama's experience and/or qualifications?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 25, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, I thought you might like this. Not only is the United States talking with our former enemies the Sunni Insurgents in Iraq, but now we are going to be talking with the Taliban. This is not Obama or Democrats. This is still the Bush administration actually talking with our adversaries. Who says an old dog can't learn new tricks. This is pure Petraeus and he knows his business fighting insurgencies. I'll give Bush credit here, SF. At long last he has started to listen to his military experts about military matters instead of his political advisers.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Hmm. How exactly do we define "less extreme Taliban elements"?

I'd wager Bush isn't going to be sitting at the table with Osama anytime soon.

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

OMG! Diplomacy!

I guess we are terrorists now too.. haha

4. red55

It's not difficult. "Taliban" means "religious student" in Arabic. Most of the Taliban just want to go about being devout muslims--cutting the hands off of thieves, memorizing the Koran, banning Bollywood videos, and dressing their women like tents. You know, the fun stuff.

The militant Taliban elements allowed Al Qaida to subvert them into becoming terrorists and insurgents. As a result the whole Taliban culture lost control of Afghanistan and NATO has been merrily killing them for 5 years. Many of them are tiring of the conflict, blame Al Qaida for it all, and are looking for a way out.

Petraeus literally wrote the book on counter-insurgency operations. Now that he's in charge of the whole theater, including Afghanistan, he's implementing the strategy that worked in Iraq and has worked many times over the centuries--Divide and Conquer. We're exploiting the differences between tribal groups and rival leaders . . . driving them apart instead of driving them together. It works.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's too stupid a statement to warrant a response.

McCain is on record as opposing the GOP on occasion. I won't even get into Obama'sparty allegience.

I thought yu were takling about Biden then I realized you must mean Palin.

So, you were for McCain until he named his running mate?

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I didn't say that last one.. Red did.. ;)

7. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

First of all DARLIN, my husband is "fortunate" in that he lives in America, a country in which the dream is that you can make money from nothing. He is EXTREMELY hard-working and EARNED every bit of what he has because the two of us came from NOTHING... NOTHING.

You're telling me that you make "6 figures" and you still need my money? How the hell does that work? Maybe you're not workin hard enough.... I don't know what you do nor do I care. I just know that if you make six figures, according to Biden, you're gonna pay more too. He just said this past week 150,000 is rich. I'm sorry but that's doing well, not rich.

We did not make a small fortune under Bush's tax cuts, we were just finally able to keep about 60% of our income. That's a HUGE chunk gone no matter how you look at it. How is it at all fair that I'm giving that much money when a huge percentage of the American public is paying NOTHING???? And even getting money back for paying nothing??

When you say "all" Obama wants to do is allow the temporary tax cuts to expire is not true. He wants to allow those to expire and then raise taxes, EVERY one is getting screwed, not just us. Take a harder look.

I appreciate the back-up while I wasn't here to respond. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  8. red55

That's great, really. Just don't assume that the rest of us are not hard-working and self-made. You talk like the entire middle class making less than your husband is on welfare, has EARNED nothing, and is not worthy to live in America.

Good question--How the hell does that work? I don't get a government paycheck from your husband's taxes. I pay a lot of taxes, too. This is a myth.

We all pay taxes because the government must be funded, that is the price of citizenship in a democracy. The government is going broke because we spend more than we bring in and it must be fixed. We can't keep borrowing money from China and Saudi Arabia to fund tax breaks for the top 5% of us or for profitable corporations like Exxon.

You want to get as much as you can for yourself. Fine, I understand that republican point of view very well. I want to live in a country where everybody prospers.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You have evidence that the gubmint is borrowing money to fund tax breaks
    for Exxon-Mobil et al? That's a pretty outrageous accusation. You look at tax breaks as corporate welfare when, in fact, it's a necessary tool to keep big corporations from outsourcing to foreigners, and to encourage expansion which leads to more jobs for more people. Keep increasing taxes and at the same time eliminating tax break incentives to those who provide jobs and keep people employed and somehow that will tricke down to Joe Middle Class in the form of more money in his pocket? I don't think so.

10. red55

We pay over $153 Billion a year on interest on the National Debt. $10.5 Trillion and incresing at 3.84 Billion a day. That interest is paid to the people to whom we sell Federal Reserve Bonds. Obviously we are borrowing money to meet our obligations. Some of those obligations have been paid with corporate taxes until the huge tax breaks. Now they have to be borrowed by issuing more bonds. Exxon is wildly profitable earning the most profits ever posted in the history of American corporations. Why do they need public help? They don't, obviously.

How does it do that?

Then why haven't they added new refineries? How many jobs have been added as a result of these tax breaks?

The Trickle Down theory never worked, That is the issue that is costing the Republicans the election. Most of it stays at the top. The middle class just sees more of the same while the rich and the corporations get richer and then receive bailouts.