Antifa has taken over Sheraton Minneapolis

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

@Jmg all of the reasons you listed are exactly why I would never live in a place like nyc.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Fox News tied a Portland shooting to protests. In fact, it happened miles away
    https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/08/fox-news-tied-a-portland-shooting-to-protests-in-fact-it-happened-miles-away.html

A Fox News article implied that a shooting in Portland was related to protests against police violence and systemic racism, and other conservative media followed suit. The problem? The shooting happened 5 miles away from demonstrations.

Fox News is one of the right-wing news organizations that have painted Portland as a “city under siege” as the protests continue.

4. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Guess that makes it okay then? (sorry couldn't resist)

Bengal B likes this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

no, it's not ok for fox to make shit up, trying to make a bad situation seem worse,.. all for the sake of higher ratings, and more advertising revenue

"telling the truth",.. does the media even understand the concept?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I generally feel very safe where I live, but early Saturday morning, a female jogger was attacked and murdered on a trail less than a quarter mile from my house. I don't use that trail when I walk, as I walk in the neighborhood across the street. But still...

She was a 43-year-old doctor with two sons, 12 and 6. She was less than an eighth of a mile from her home.

The police think it happened between 6 and 7 a.m. A black man broke into a house less than 50 yards from the women's body around 6:30 a.m. He was recorded on the home's Ring doorbell. He shattered the home's glass doors, entered, and tore up the downstairs of the home. The residents locked themselves in their bedrooms, and he did run off. This house was right across the street from friends of ours.

We think the police believe this is the same man who committed the murder. The likelihood of two violent crimes occurring so closely together at close to the same time would make it appear so, and they say there is evidence he is the same perpetrator.

He was arrested around 10 a.m. at an Exxon only about a mile down the road from the break in and murder.

Many people started speaking out, saying they had seen him loitering around the neighborhood recently... in alleys, sitting on street corners drinking, sleeping on benches along the trail. Every person said he didn't look like he belonged in the neighborhood, but were afraid to call the police, lest they seem racist. Please note...we have plenty of black residents around here, such as my neighbors across the street. But people said he looked out of place...and they were afraid to report him.

Now, a mother and a doctor and a person of color is dead. She was Indian.

Sorry to drone on, but we are certainly upset around here currently. This morning when I walked, several other walkers/joggers were carrying big sticks.

7. GiantDuckFan

I'm sorry, Stacey,.. that's gotta be frightening, stay strong

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Carrying a big .45 pistol would be better. Sticks aint gonna save you O.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Stay strong and armed. Staying strong aint gonna save your ass when a big crazed drugged up thug wants your stuff.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I carry a small stick but it spits fire. I suggest you do the same.