Anti Trump riots

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Nov 9, 2016.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

UPDATE:

"On Wednesday, the CEO of online food delivery service GrubHub, Matt Maloney, sent out an message to all of his employees bashing President-elect Donald Trump and saying that any employees who agreed with Trump should turn in their resignations.

While anti-Trump liberals cheered the purportedly principled move, investors and consumers booed, as was reflected by the significant dip their market shares took following the announcement, according to Investing.

Shares of GrubHub were down roughly 5 percent on the day, about -$1.70 per share, bringing the value of GrubHub stock down to about $35.37. Over the two days since Maloney’s statement was released, shares were down more than 9.4 percent total.

That’s a little over $300 million dollars in share value gone, simply because the company’s CEO is a precious snowflake who isn’t mature enough to know when to keep his mouth shut.
    "

Feeling it now......bitch?

Yes, @tirk.....I know you want to work out some of this aggression.

Bengal B and tirk like this.
  2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Everyone should use Waitr instead of grub hub anyway. Founded in Louisiana.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think may be, I see what you did there?

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I agree with @Winston1 original statement that probably less than 10% of these kids voted and if they did they likely placed a "protest" vote for Johnson or Stein so I have very little sympathy for them. In my opinion, they are showing a week or so late.

That said, I have no problem with anyone peacefully protesting, even fringe groups who I deplore like the Klan, but when you start destroying property and assaulting police officers it ceases to be a right protected by the first amendment and devolves into criminal behavior.

We know that 49% of registered voters actually cast a ballot last Tuesday and that is the most disheartening and deplorable part of this entire thing. The most sacred right that we have as Americans and over half the fucking country simply refused to participate. I thought about that a lot on Veterans Day.

GregLSU, LSUTiga, COTiger and 4 others like this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Certainly, peaceful protests are part of the American fabric; however, the chants of "Not MY President," etc. are over the top, and frankly, are un-American. I cannot stand Obama, but for 8 years that dude has been MY President--like it or not.

I did not like our choices in this election at all, but I voted because if we become so apathetic as to shrug off our most basic right as Americans, we become...nothing.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Right on Stacey. Unfortunately there were too many who said the same about Obama. Two wrongs don't make a right though.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I just don't recall it being so public. The marches and protests over a legal election are troubling to me.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Because it didn't happen, that's why

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Thank you Stacey.

I can only speak for myself but whenever someone thanks me for my service my standard response is " thank you" followed by "I'd gladly do it all again" When they ask what they can do my only response is "vote"

GregLSU and StaceyO like this.