Another School shooting - Texas this time

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dachsie, May 18, 2018.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Not feasible. You realize what that would do to a school day if 1K kids had to go through detectors off the bus AND the many dropped off in the "back" of schools at a different location? PLUS schools have to feed kids breakfast so it would mean the instructional time would force the day to be lengthened.

Guards at schools have had mixed results. Truth is, can't stop it. I know of schools where 200 vehicles come through to drop off kids. How you stop one from putting car in park, getting out and getting to business.

So far it's been mostly upper grades. God forbid the day one realizes how many more they could kill if they'd start in pre-k and kindergarten clssses. The younger kids would be in shock; therefore even more "fish in a barrel."

HalloweenRun and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

One more thing. Most of these shootings last less than 10 minutes. Rural communities like Zwolle, Anococo, Elizabeth, Church Point, Esterwood, South Cameron, etc. won't see law enforcement numbers there like in larger cities, much less a SWAT team.

Online schools or home-schooling kids is the only way to ensure a kid won't be involved in one of these awful events.

HalloweenRun and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

too impractical, there are more than 40,000 US high schools,.. how many reserves to each school, open ended deployment?.. and how many schools have never had a problem in a hundred years? Do you send in the reserves there too, on the off chance that something could happen in the distant future.

Klamath Falls has a Deputy Sheriff stationed at each of our 3 high schools, not sure much can be done beyond that.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    HalloweenRun and Bayou Tiger like this.
  4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

TRYING ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN SITTING ON YOUR ASS DOING NOTHING!!

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Online schools may be the wave of the future. A teacher sitting at home teaching his subject to kids all over the country. One time I was at a coffee shop and this guy sat down at the table next to mine. He opened his laptop and put on a headset with a microphone and started lecturing a class. Very young children would still need hands-on teaching to learn how to read and write snd use the computer. I don't know what that would do to clubs and sports teams but at least @StaceyO wouldn't have to drive all over town looking for pointe shoes.

COTiger and Bayou Tiger like this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Not really. That's the federal governments motto and it's proven wrong daily. Most of the time them actually doing nothing is better. Probably here too even though logic dictates otherwise. I say arm everyone that's qualified but thats probably worse than doing nothing.

7. tirk

Confident.

But seriously that makes a lot of sense. Concealed would be the only way it would work.
    Everything will be done remotely. Even sports teams will be madden or some shit but at least it will be virtual.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

with everyone happily isolated, snug in their cubes,..

... I used to play hard at bball and fball,.. in the summer played sports all day, 9am til it got dark,.. do kids even go outside anymore?

9. tirk

Not many. Even in hs we would play bball on an 8 and a half foot hoop all night. Too many options nowadays. When the grid goes down it will be interesting at least.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Yours is the only reasonable response I've read so far. I'm not surprised.