Another School shooting - Texas this time

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dachsie, May 18, 2018.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

yes, i do...if you are going to have weapons in your house then you have to:
    1. Teach proper use
    2. secure them
    Failure to do so leads to this stuff. Gun owners need to clean up our own houses before the government does it for us.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I tend to agree with you. I’d have to know more though. Like where were they kept, were they locked, did the kid steal from a locked cabinet or something.

3. LaSalleAve

@el005639 what do you think about the media discontinuing to list the names of these mass shooters?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Wouldn't work. Everybody is the media these days. Somebody's would tweet the name or post in Facebook or Instagram.

mctiger likes this.
  5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I tend to agree too but one question I keep asking is when you or I were 17, did you have locks on the gun cabinet to keep you out? Or did you go hunting by yourself sometime? I know where my dad had his guns and could have accessed them if I wanted.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

I had access to all of my family member’s guns but we were basically shooting from the time we were around 5. All the mystery of the gun was taken away from us at an early age. A gun was like a vehicle. You take care of it. You don’t operate it inebriated, you always clean it and ensure it’s not loaded, unless we were going to use it. You never point it at anyone else, I mean all this shit was pounded into my head early and honestly that’s how it should be. Take away the mystery, take away the fact that it’s glorified in movies and music and what you have is a tool. That’s the way I’ve always seen them. Now I’m pro 2nd, always have been always will be, but I don’t mind having an intelligent conversation about gun control because we are obviously doing something wrong here. Earlier I compared a gun to a tool, but it’s the only tool that I have that was created for the sole purpose to kill something else. So if we have car insurance why isn’t there gun insurance? Why do I have to be 25 to rent a car but at 18 I can go buy guns at a gun show with no background check? Fuck you aren’t supposed to even operate a vehicle unless you have a license. Why not a gun? I don’t know how I feel about anything I just know that I tend to lean to the side that wants to protect the rights of citizens, unfortunately the NRA is on my side. I don’t like that.

HalloweenRun and GiantDuckFan like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I knew where my dad's guns were from the time I was 9 or 10. Of course I wanted to access them but I knew there would be hell to pay if I did. I visited my grandpa often. My grandfather kept all his shotguns in a closet in the only bathroom in the house. I'm sure I knew that from the time I was 5 or 6.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Whether you like it or not the NRA fights to protect your rights as well as mine. I agree that gun sales should be restricted to 18 and over unless a parent OK's the purchase but you shouldn't be made to have a gun license any more than you would to buy a rod and reel or a bow and arrow.

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Just like terrorist these fuggers want notoriety why give it to them.

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Amen brother