Another 5 Loss Season Acceptable?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMASTERMIND, May 7, 2015.

1. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Ok that's fair I kind of agree but a head coach does need some control of his team.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

An none at LSU.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Feel for yourself. What I said was that he is clearly not the worst coach in the SEC.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not really, I run a business and I only pop in every now and then and when there are meetings to attend, I have a crew of good enough employees that can handle day to day, I'm basically a figure head that gives direction when needed. I trust my managers and supervisors enough to make the magic happen and it works.

Les seems like a micro manager to me. Could be wrong, but I think it started after the 08 debacle.

5. BayouBengal014

sorry I just don't see a comparison. I get what you are saying but A good head coach should be involved more. There is no leadership on this football team anymore and that starts with the head coach. You look at the type of players we had under Saban and the kind of leaders they were. Guys like Michael Clayton, Brady James and Rodney Reed. We don't have that under miles never have.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  6. BayouBengal014

Ok well you go head and support Les Miles all you want. I hope I'm wrong I really do but I'm just not buying into his philosophy anymore.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

we dont know, but it is a hypothetical that cant possibly be answered right now.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

no but you do judge coaches on what they have done in the prior job and it aint setting me on fire.

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would agree if we had a bunch of no name position coaches. LSU has the highest paid assistant coaching staff in the country. Let em earn that paycheck. Give Cam Cameron 100 percent control of the offense. Miles can stick to what he does best, better than most in the country recruit and motivate.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Look at some of the guys hired the last few years, USC had to get a guy from UDub, man he was great up there. UFla, hired who? Louisville, who replaced Strong, who replaced Brown. I know, everyone is looking for the home run hire. Mich got a great one, that one was a hit, but how many schools have had misses?