Another 5 Loss Season Acceptable?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMASTERMIND, May 7, 2015.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Would Les seat be hot if we are faced with another 5 loss season?
    If the defense drops off with all this talent because of the blunder hire ?

Whats the threshold for us Tiger fans this fall?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It might be acceptable to red and tigertap but not to the rest of us.

LSUpride123, lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Ask the questions no one wants to answer. Who are you going to hire?

What top coach is going to leave a cushy job to go to a place where a 10-win average over a decade and two championship game appearances is not good enough? Finding some up-and-coming young coach works out about 1 coach in four or five. LSU went through five coaches after McClendon before finding a keeper. Look what Florida has been through after Spurrier or Alabama after Bryant. We were damned lucky to get two keepers in a row with Nick and Les. We are damned unlikely for it to happen again.

Nobody fires winning coaches and then upgrades.

TigerTap, HalloweenRun and LSUDad like this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Blunder hire, O just had his 12th player taken in the first round of the NFL draft, we would be hard pressed to find coaches that have done this. Steele is more about knowing the position, being in the right position, making your reads. Everytime LSU has had a great defense, we have had two major parts, DL play and DB play, this is where DBU and DLU come from. I've said this before, defense is played with an attitude, we haven't seen this in a while. We use to have 8,9 and 10 guys around the ball,think, have we seen this as of late? LSU guys would arrive with a pop in their hits, has it been that long that we forget these things. Good players make great coaches.

With some, one loss has Les on the hot seat.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Except LSU

6. LSUMASTERMIND

how long does that explanation work, with the talent we acquire every year. I know it takes a perfect storm to win the ship, but back to back 5 loss seasons or a 4 loss season will be a tough row to hoe for Leslie.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

im talking about Steele, as much as Chavis aggravated me, when he had the right personnel in place our defense produced. Im not sold on Steele

lsu-i-like, TwistedTiger and LSUDad like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

You start with 5 loss, now you've moved to 4, what about 3, or 2 loss season? Or like I said, 1 loss?

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Guess we need to see what he puts on the field? Judge a guy before he's coached his first game? Rush to judgement?

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm not either but I will give him a shot. I am fired up about the O hire and I think it is going to prove to be a good one. The D at LSU under chavis kept us in a lot of games and I'm not going to say he was crap or pile on because he flew the coop but it drove me nuts at times. Especially soft 3rd downs, a design no pressure on the QB system. The success of the LSU football teams is linked to the most important position on the field. Lets see how Les handles it.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.