And now... the REST of the story ....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Congrats to our round ballers. To reach the sweet 16 without a head coach is no easy task. No offense to Coach Benford but I think tonight the gravity of not having much in the X's and O's department rendered our heroes helpless vs a tough Sparty.
    And now, I ask, honored brethren-- what's happens now? Any chance Wade is innocent ( or at least not found guilty?) any chance Wade comes back? Any chance LSU doesn't get their Nikes nailed to the floor for violations? Somebody provide me some 'strong assed ' theories.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

will be interesting to see if they fire wade tomorrow or wait to see what happens in April

I suspect he’s termed sooner rather than later and he will move on to repair his career at a tennesee tech

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The hearing is only a month away. Wade won't be fired before that. If he is fired and later exonerated from wrongdoing he will have the upper hand in any litigation over his payments due, whether it's a buyout or LSU would have to pony up for his contracts full value.

Alleva knows this and must be sweating from every pore is his body. Bozo Joe knows his anus is on the chopping block.
    The smart thing for the BOS to do would be to fire Alleva now, appoint Skip Bertman as interim AD until a good one can be hired and then to reinstate WW until this plays out.

That would give the administration the high cards in the deck to legitimately fire Wade if he is guilty of anything or to keep him if he is cleared.

Of course none of that will happen. This is Louisiana where politics wins over common sense every time.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

as soon as will wade said no meeting LSU had/has cause to terminate

watson1880 likes this.
  5. Don Castavez

And in three years show up in Gumpville to kick us in the nads?

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Very anxious to see how this unfolds.

7. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Wade is gone.... period. Aleva should be as well when this is over.

fanatic and Winston1 like this.
  8. Don Castavez

Very logical assessment and that is where lies the problem. There is no more accountability anymore in the upper echelons of LSU admin.
    Those in here old enough will know what I mean when I ask if you think
    a Mckeithen or Dore ‘ were still on the BOS the shit storms that have been happening would have ever occurred??
    First, Duke Alleva’s resume ‘ would have never reached anyone’s desk. Second F King would have received a polite ‘No thanks’ when he came calling to hang his shingle.
    I’ll admit my interest in LSU roundball is minimal but the inefficiency and incompetence is beginning to permeate all areas. Fraternities out of control, faculty paid thousands to be dead heads not coming to work and an AD who is a reject from another school unable to handle any issue with tact or measured assertiveness.
    Nah, the old days of any accountability went out with smoking in Tiger Stadium.
    The BOS is now nothing more than a political patronage rubber stamp for the Governor.
    And with that
    accountability became toilet water.

TheRealist and Bengal B like this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it’s all about optics from here on out. does LSU cut ties asap to appease likely ncaa infractions or does LSU wait until post trial to see if wade is a part of that.

only problem with wait and see is the trial is the beginning of this not the end. that toothpaste ain’t getting back in the tube....add in the olol situation and the storm clouds start to gather pretty quickly

I think the assessment will be to cut ties soon

10. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

My understanding is Wade has not been charged with anything. He is subpoenaed as a witness in a federal trial. He has a lawyer who I am sure will not allow him to incriminate himself as to any wrong doing (the 5th, obviously), so, unless he gets charged does he just walk away? Which will make Alleva, et.al. look like the idiots they are. I rethought my original position and agree with Wade and his lawyer that he shouldn't meet with Alleva & company (especially with the NCAA present) to discuss his testimony in an ongoing federal investigation/trial until after it has concluded.

Rouxleaux, CaryLab and lsu-i-like like this.