Amazon Fire TV

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can't access settings on the tv itself. It tells you to go to alexa.amazon.com on mobile device or computer. This is all I see from the settings tab
    upload_2018-7-23_17-35-9.png

Clicking on any of the tabs shows no options to do anything except to say I live in the USA in the Central Time zone.

I downloaded the alexa app on both phone and laptop and got the same thing.

Attached Files:

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Eureka! Maybe. When I was looking for settings the way it looked on tirks video I was saying "Alexa, settings" and it was showing some kind of other shit. I I finally noticed that there is a settings tab on the home menu and voila, I was able to follow the instructions on the video and get the old youtube app on my TV.

But the youtube tv app is a separate entity and I couldn't find where I could download it on tv. Its in the google play store and I have it on my phone but no way to copy it to tv.

After a chat with Laura of youtube tv support I finally found out that the app is on a roku stick. So now all I have to do is buy a roku stick. Ironically, even though Amazon doesn't support the roku, they sell it.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Already ordered a roku. It has the app on it and if I need to I can cast from a device

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was wondering how you do that. There is no mouse or touchpad to move a pointer or right click or drag and drop or copy and paste.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

If you have an android phone you can also use apps2fire I think it is.

Your previous question-add it to Dropbox or something. Then search for es file explorer with remote. Select the USB or Dropbox location of your apk. Install it

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Bengal B likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I put a Roku stick on the tv and now youtube tv works perfectly. I thought the picture quality was very good but not great until I watched my first live sporting event - Astros vs Rangers. It was like being in Minute Maid. Almost 3 dimensional. Too bad the Astros got shelled 11-2.

Youtube TV menu only shows what's on and the next show. They need to expand that so you can look ahead. Looks like there is only one channel for the SEC Network. @BAY0U BENGAL can you get the SECN alt channels?

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I don’t think so. I think it’s just your market

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Information overload for me. I have begun using hulu though. Movies are old af.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

http://www.sportshd.me/
    https://troypoint.com/install-terrarium-tv-on-fire-tv-or-fire-tv-stick/

ones for sports. ones for tv and movies.