Am I wrong?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Mar 9, 2018.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

On paper, who do you have at RB, WR & QB?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

RB by committee unless that signee they call Beast Mode lives up to it. WR - I've heard Giles is really lighting it up in practice. There's a ton of talent in Davis and Anderson if they ever get their shit together and I'm looking forward to seeing what Terence Marshall can do. Everybody thinks Brennan will be the QB but I hear glowing reports about Narcisse. Great on the downfield passes but it's not known how he will handle the short passing game. And how are his legs after 2 major reconstructive surgeries on his knees?

3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I agree, tons of talent at WR. But it wasn't used last year, for reasons unknown. Marshall, Dillon , Davis, Alexander, McMath, the 3 Frosh & the transfer, Giles, who got himself benched at TT, then quit.

Good point on Narcisse. One bad hit on him could end his career. Blonde Jesus didn't play much.

Rosy named Brosette the Starter. Remember his "3rd String RB" last year. The 2 Frosh are not power RBs, so I guess he has to run by committee.
    Too bad "Pooka" Williams went to Kansas. Looks like a great APB.

All in all, don't see a 10-2 season. "Where's da beef" recruiting class needs to be able to complete passes effectively & run the ball in the SEC.

Perple likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Because he can't read

furduknfish and Bengal B like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not boring stuff like schoolbooks but it sounded like he could read opposing tacklers pretty well.

stevescookin likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Or do math or anything else to remain eligible. We don't need a roster spot bandit. I mean I get it we all know that they don't go to class anyway but we don't need any Dexter Manley's on our team.

tirk and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

You mean like Eddie Lacy?

Perple likes this.
  8. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

If you like taking narrow samples and using them as the foundation of a prediction for the future, then no. If you like picking out only the pieces of evidence that suppport your particular views while ignoring the whole picture, then no. Although that does draw you closer to being a reporter for the mainstream news. Finally, if you just want to leverage pessimistic bias to support your displeasure with events that didn’t fit what you thought should happen while ignoring the positive and the idea that the forces of change are always in motion and what you have today might not be an indication of what you will have in the future, then no. I’d say you’re about right. Hell even the worlds best economists have predicted 100 of the last 2 recessions. Whether you say “can” or “can’t”, you’re eventually going to be right. You tend to manifest the things you think about.

But if you change the way you see the world. If you change the way you interact with the world. The world starts to change with you. And then you might come to a different conclusion. But that may involve one of the toughest challenges known to man: admitting fault.

Some things you can control, others you cannot. Let go of the latter and focus on the former. It will set you free.

Winston1 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Holy fuck, bro . Just say ‘Right on’ or ‘You’re full of Shit.’ No need for a Masters thesis.

Chipeace, TigerTap and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

LSU had exactly 1 Linebacker drafted in the years 1990-2009. Bradie James in the 4th round 2003 draft. That's 20 seasons of absolutely sucking arse at Linebacker recruiting. Saban didn't/ couldn't recruit NFL linebackers at LSU. Funny how easily he gets then at Bama. Does it get worse than 20 seasons & None drafted?

Les Miles got Linebackers to start coming to LSU after the 20 year drought.

P. Riley
    K. Shepherd
    B. Mingo
    K. Alexander
    K. Minter
    D. Jones
    K. Beckwith
    D. Riley
    And coming soon: D. White

To review , LSU went from 1 NFL Linebacker signed in 20 seasons, to 8 NFL linebackers signed in 8 seasons. Do you see your post melting yet?
    QBs? Every one on LSU's on a ampus was signed by Les Miles. Except the Joy Luck Club walkons, because he couldn't get any real QBs to buy his Bullchit.

2017 LSU NFL Class:

1 Leonard Fournette Jaguars RB
    1 Jamal Adams Jets DB
    1 Tre'Davious White Bills DB
    2 Ethan Pocic Seahawks C
    3 Duke Riley Falcons LB
    3 Kendell Beckwith Buccaneers LB
    5 Davon Godchaux Dolphins DT
    7 Malachi Dupre Packers WR

Let's see, 3 1st round NFL Draft picks. Yeah that sucks LBers, 2 DBs, 1 RB, 1 OL, 1 DL, 1 WR. Very solid class, with most groups of players represented.

Where/who are these "Specialty Players" of which you speak? Are they double secret players?

Now everyone can see you are a liar. I don't give a shit that you hated Miles. Perhaps you should learn more about the LSU players & the teams at LSU before posting horseshit?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Perple and Don Castavez like this.