Am I wrong?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Baby Huey has fallen short in his first two big tests. He botched the OC hire and the Evil Dwarf is kicking him in the nuts on recruiting. I'm not optimistic. However I do look forward to hummers.

TigerTap and shane0911 like this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Not really. We’ve transitioned coaches, and recruiting philosophy. CLM focused on RBs, specialty athletes, and let us slide on QB, LB, and depth on the lines. Oeaux’s trying to right that ship, and is a year or two away from seeing that to fruition. Outside of Bama, most teams have fluctuations, it’s just that fanboys like you don’t have any patience or realistic expectations. How has OSU done after their NC run a few years ago? What about USC, Texas? Wasn’t too long ago they were in NCGs. Miami’s been out of it for decades, and finally are getting back. LSU is nowhere near that. We’ve got talent and are transitioning regimes. Give it time. 8-3 wouldn’t be bad with minimal talent at RB, inexperience abound, and a hard ass schedule.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’m pretty impatient but realize O still holds his destiny in his hands. Still, the program has been dragging the past few years, if it isn’t clear next year we’re headed in the right direction I expect the seat to be hot. If it looks like we’re still headed in the wrong direction (or worse), hotter seat (or worse).

4. ParadiseiNC

I don’t think you’re that impatient, and you are certainly more realistic than most. For Oeaux, unfortunately, the tone of our collective patience is set by forums like these, media hype/critique, etc. We’re already saying “hot(ter) seat,” and the guy just completed his first full season. Coaching chemistry and player recruitment/development should really allow for a 4-5 year window to really see what we’ve got. But everybody here is still stung by Archer/Dinardo/Hallman and expects Oeaux to fail. This leads to impatience and will likely lead to premature firing if we don’t win the NC next season, lol.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If by some miracle we do win the natty this year they should rename Tiger Stadium to Rosy Finch Field.

lsu-i-like and ParadiseiNC like this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No it's l because he was specifically hired so there would be no lapse and no rebuild per his and our ADs very words.

Now it's a 4-5 year rebuild?

He lacks integrity bc he says anything you want to hear and has no plan to follow through. Because he doesnt know how. He wants to win. Hell who doesn't. Doesn't make you a winner.

LSU_4_LIFE, cul2969 and TigerTap like this.
  7. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

This is good optimism and I could probably use some.

The problem, as I see it, is that we already had the guy who could recruit well and lose 3-5 games. If you're going to fire Les Miles, you need to have the "next great coach" in your back pocket. I think Ed Orgeron is a great recruiter, motivator, position coach.....and a bad guy to put at the top. His hire was the very definition of "settling." I doubt he has a single interesting idea about how to implement a balanced, modern offense.

If Ed O wins the SEC West or even defeats Nick Saban one time at football, I'll be equal parts thrilled and shocked.

8. ParadiseiNC

Agree fully. But, it’s not his fault the admin wouldn’t pony up for Jimbo. Shouldn’t change people’s patience with him personally.

9. ParadiseiNC

Well, I think his hand was forced a bit in hiring Canada, and that set the coaching chemistry back.

Just because I said 4-5 years doesn’t mean it will be, or is what he expects. I was using that number as a reasonable time to know how a program will look under a certain coach, but I don’t get the sense anyone here will be up for that.

As far as integrity, I don’t know him and can’t speak to that. When he was at Tenn, I was certainly questioning it. But, how do any of us really know if he has the “it” to win? Everyone here assumes he can’t b/c of Ole Miss. Like he couldn’t grow from that experience, and from being at Miami, USC, etc. Saban didn’t light the world on fire prior to LSU. Not equating the two, just saying that people do actually improve and grow with experience.

didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We got ourselves in a pickle eh?

On one hand we want to win. So lets say O beats Bama this year and goes 10-2. He aint going no where and will get an extension..The other is he bombs and gets canned and we suffer in recruiting for at least 1 year. I firmly believe this 2019 class is a class that can correct a lot of problems for 4 years...

Winston1 and lsu-i-like like this.