Am I right? Or am I drunk ? YOU decide!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Aug 2, 2018.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

brohm is headed places but not sure about Campbell. from what I've read he's more of a Midwest guy

2. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Baby Huey is a 9-3 coach. For now that seems to be what the powers that be are content in pursuing.
    The logic being ‘why pay someone 5 mil a year to lose to Bama?’
    As for a ‘big name coach’ ( whatever that means today) that doesn’t happen until Duke Alleva is gone. Why in the hell did they ever hire that ass clown?

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont trust Joe to be ready when a good coach opens up. O should be on a year to year basis until he proves he belongs.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    LSU_4_LIFE, tirk and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Duke is not hiring the next guy. If so then LSU has deemphasized football.

TigerTap, ParadiseiNC and LSUpride123 like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You guys are excited about the season?

6. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Why break a 30+ year old tradition?

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yes in spite of the proven historically losing sec coach with a $12 million buyout. Yes yes we are.

Most humans are complex with the ability to have conflicting thoughts beyond the simple instincts of a single celled amoeba. We can distrust the coach while hoping we win every game. We did it for half of Les miles tenure.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well even an amoeba would have the patience to give a winning coach the benefit of the doubt going into only his second year as a full time head coach. A coach that in 1 and three quarters of coaching at LSU has won 17 games vs Saban 18 games with Saban having 2 full years. O is 15-6 Saban 18-7 with O playing 4 less games. Humans are complex, really? Thanks captain obvious didnt know that. Yes and sometimes humans with all of our faults can and do over complicate and issue when things are really simple. This amoeba has enough common sense to understand O has earned the right to coach this team for longer than one year before being run off by foolish fans.

Fact is O is not the same guy as he was at Ole Miss. Do you really think a true blue Cajun who loves his state and loves his Tigers had his heart in coaching of all teams Ole Miss? Dont think so. His 1 full year and his interim year of coaching at LSU is all I care about, he won both years.

six pack dan likes this.
  9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

He will prove his worth this year. No more changing assistants if his plan fails. You have to be ready to cut bait at the end.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He's a true blue cajun but not a tiger. He quit lsu after year 1. Or kicked off. He loved USC actually and they fucked him.

We are cautiously pessimistic based on facts. The main one is he's a proven shitty head coach. That's a big one. Maybe he's learned but I doubt it. Meddling with the offense was another indicator.

Another is having the skills to run a corporation which is what his job entails. Missing details on hiring an unattainable assistant is another big indicator there's no attention to detail when at least fat boy ponamsky should have caught. Where's Austin Thomas.

We won't pay at the end so there's no end in our immediate future regardless. Or his. Let's hope he's figured it out.

LSU_Fan_In_OK, shane0911 and TerryP like this.