Alonzo Moore - Winnfield

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by WinnfieldTiger, Dec 2, 2011.

1. WinnfieldTiger

WinnfieldTiger Founding Member

I don't know why but LSU seems to not be interested in Winnfield's Alonzo Moore. I have been to every game this year and coaches from all around (Nebraska, Mississippi State more than others) have made several games and I fear we will lose this young man to one of them. He can bring it. Hope we know what we're doing if we don't sign him.

2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

It may be that Moore is getting caught up in the numbers game. LSU may have only around three or four spots left. Collins has a spot & so does Jeremy Hill, the RB from Redemptorist who couldn't sign last year due to the legal issue. Devall from Bastrop also has a spot if he wants to come. Then there's the QB Liggins from Miss. and maybe Lorenzo Phillips. There just may not be room for him in the class. Bhelm posted the above info in the Deion Jones thread I believe.

3. PBTiger

PBTiger Founding Member

Yep, no room in this class.

4. WinnfieldTiger

I am sure y'all are correct about the numbers game. Understood. I suppose it was a numbers game when we allowed Anthony Thomas to go to Michigan but we did have a coach at Winnfield then who did not like LSU, too.

5. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

The high school coach has a big influence either way in many cases. Too bad the Winnfield coach at the time didn't like the flagship school of his own state. Sad. Thomas would have been one of the all-time LSU greats as good as he was. I wish he would've been a Tiger. But he also had a big part of that decision and decided to go to Michigan. Maybe he didn't like the Tiger's either. It's not all the coach's fault.

And yes, numbers or lack there of have big influence on a class as a whole & individuals. Unfortunately you can't take everyone. I'm sure LSU would love to have Moore if they had more slots. He's a player, no doubt.

Do you remember who the coach was at the time Thomas was at Winnfield and maybe why he didn't like LSU? Just curious to know. What year was that anyway?

6. Jester

Jester Founding Member

Anthony Thomas was a senior in 1994-95, I think. I'm pretty sure I was a sophomore when we played them. God that was horrible. I was an All District then All State Strong Safety the following two years, but that season, all I remember was how much I hated that game. I got steamrolled for the entire game.

I wasn't scrawny ( prolly 5'10" 190 lbs at the time ) but when they ran their Off Tackle Lead with a 6'2" 235 lbs Anthony Thomas running behind a 6'3" 245 lbs Fullback or the toss Sweep with an additional pulling Guard, I just wanted to curl up into a fetal position.

The most painful highlights of my high school career...... playing against Anthony Thomas and Cecil Collins.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think that's what Georgia's safeties felt like by the end of the third quarter...seriously.

8. WinnfieldTiger

Cenla Offensive Player of the Year.

9. agsoldier

agsoldier Veteran Member

UL needs to be beating his door down now. Coach Huds get on it.

10. WinnfieldTiger

Mississippi State was at several of our games this year and Nebraska showed great interest. Sure would like to see this young man in purple and gold but as y'all have said, numbers may nix that.