Almost Unlimited Access to Red Snapper

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, May 25, 2017.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

2. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Would come out to around 16-17 fish per person "randomly" selected. This is a horrible plan as it leads to an IFQ system for recreational which basically means a few recs get all the rec quota. Nothing more than taking the same comm system giving all that quota to the sea lords and trying to apply it to rec guys. Anyone actually dumb enough to think there will be anything "random" about who is chosen?

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I don't know what an IFQ is but it otherwise sounds like lottery hunts on WMA's. They work. I realize this proposal leaves some things to be desired but 16 nice red snappers for rec fishermen- shit, I've never put more than one or two (off shore friends) in a year. They should be good to go with 16.

Kinda picking but kinda serious jval.

I don't saltwater fish so I really can't give valid input so take my comments as someone from the outside looking in, and with little knowledge of saltwater fisheries (kinda like many of the politicians hurting y'all on this red fishing, I guess.

4. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

If they said every rec fisherman got 16 then fine at least it's fair access. But hell no to the "lottery." Apples to oranges comparing hunting on a WMA to fishing a species that is massively overpopulated. As has been said this entire thing is only bc the sea lords have bought the votes to monopolize the fishery and steal it from the people. There are things being done trying to get this nonsense corrected but as with all govt mishandling of stuff it is a slow process

LSUTiga, Bengal B and KyleK like this.