All Time LSU Hoops Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Feb 3, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ronnie Henderson has to be on there somewhere. He averaged 23 and 21 points per game in his 2 non injured seasons at LSU.

TheRealist likes this.
  2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Hell, I like the first five, and I hate b-ball!

3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Glen Davis was far better than Greg Cook or Jabari Smith at Center at LSU.

Stanley was just too lazy, imo.

TheRealist and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All 3 of them's size and skills were more suitable to be at power forward but the needs of the team put them at center.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Cook played the 5 on the Final Four team, with Macklin and Mitchell at forwards. I don't remember Roberts doing all that much in his one season (stats on the LSU site only go back to '98), but J. Smith was a consistent double-double guy his senior year. I gave Swift the nod over Lloreda because.....well, I'm not really sure why, other than they went to the sweet 16 in Swift's last year and he did average 22 a game, and Lloreda's team was one and done in the NIT. Jamie was a garbageman; never did anything spectacular, but when you looked at the box score the next morning he had 16 points and 12 boards. I would have loved to put Johnny O'Bryant and Glen Davis in there, but no room.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. mctiger

Bingo.

As for Davis over Cook or Smith, I have to admit when I did my list, I was somewhat prejudiced against players who left early. That hurt Big Baby in my ranking.

lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Baby left after his junior year, same as Shaq. Where will you put Naz Reid if he goes 27 pts, 11 rebounds, leads LSU to the Final Four and leaves. Hell, everybody of the stature of Baby leaves when they can. A junior is a grizzled veteran these days. Tyrus Thomas left after one year but i put him at HM because of how exciting he was to watch. Baby came from a poor background with a druggie mother, Shaq could have stayed another year. He was from a stable family with no pressing financial worries. Dale Brown told him to go ahead and leave because if he stayed he would have just been a target for all the Hack-A-Shaq shit and could have gotten injured.

An injury can happen to any player in any game or practice. Look what happened to Boogie the other night. Sure, he already has millions but with the seriousness of an achilles injury no team is likely to offer him a max deal.

ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I am really enjoying this discussion. Great viewpoints !!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. mctiger

Whoa, pilgrim, you don't have Davis or Thomas on your HM list!

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was going to include Davis but I forgot.:cool: Ronald Dupree is another name that deserves mention. Also Garrett Temple. It's not like I consulted Mel Kiper's basketball counterpart when I made this thread.

[​IMG]

stevescookin likes this.