All these years I complained how we never invested in the passing game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 7, 2019.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Complaining incessantly against the creampuff early schedule of not trying to throw the ball nearly enough, instead opting to run for 350 yards.

I even got tired of hearing myself complaining year after year of why this team obviously wasn't showing any respect to the passing component of our offense. Why this team during practices we could never see take place, just obviously go through the motions with the passing game. No accountability. No respect.

Then last week happened.

Yeah forget this Texas game tonight. Circle the Georgia Southern game from last week when you look back on what's going to end up being a very special season. That's the true genesis.

LSUTiga, ParadiseiNC and TBTrumpet like this.
  2. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I’m going with Joe Brady on this. If only we had a Kamara like RB, but I am seeing the influence of Joe Brady, apparently, on this offense. Not sure that works years past without him. Just look at our OC situation. Maybe Canada could have pulled this off with more time and buy-in from the right people, but putting that aside, we have had no opportunity to do this until now.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't agree with this assessment.

We ruined the chance of any of these QBs preceding Burrow from being successful in the "let's hide our quarterback" mentality we've had for all these years.

It's all about the culture. We've changed the culture.

4. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

If Coach O never wins a NC at LSU he will still go down as one of LSU's greatest coaches for turning the offensive philosophy around 180 degrees. It will change the future of LSU football forever.

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

It is just so (wonderfully) different!

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

#BurrowForHeisman

Joe Burrow has had 749 net passing yards and 9 TDs in 3 halfs of football.

Anyone else in the country on that plane?

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Burrow's doing great, but yes, there are a few other QBs hanging with those stats. The other QB last night, Ehlinger, had a great game, too, w/ very similar stats. JHurts is putting up gaudy numbers at OU. Tua has had good numbers. JB will be in consideration if he maintains this pace, LSU wins, and OU, et al drop a game/have a poor performance. Otherwise, it's an uphill battle for an LSU QB to be in contention w/the video type offense OU runs.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Well, now that we’re good there let’s complain about the defense. DBU got torched. Glad we have a few get right games.

KevinWS likes this.
  10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

A buttload of young Texas high school QBs were watching that game last night. I think recruiting elite QB talent just got a lot easier for Coach O.