All credit to Ensminger to let it all hang out

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 15, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Bullshit, I’ve been 100% right about everything.

Look man, I’ve been mostly supportive of O but I’m not a sycophant. I’ve had my doubts and I bet O has too, though he might not admit it. This was a huge win for the entire LSU fan base, and it could be the start of a new legacy for Orgeron.

As for E I’ve had mixed feelings, but I’ve been more supportive than most.

I think you recognize there is still a long season ahead, so don’t strut too much too soon.

islstl, Brian and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

No you have been mostly wrong about everything. Are you and O close friends? Hang out together? How do you know he is "still finding himself"? You need to man up you have been on E and O's ass for a while.

3. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Offensively you have to control the tempo and the clock. Can’t keep going three and out. Create short 3rd downs with running game and mix in play action. Sometimes being conservative when it’s 101 degrees on the field is your best defense.

4. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

We won the game and I am thrilled and if you watched O interview he said there are many things we need to improve on. If you asked Ensminger I bet their are some plays he would like to have back like running Burrough on a max blitz and losing yards .

I think its safe to say our offense hasn't played their best game of the year yet and will need to get better. I believe they will because we are inexperienced but talented at receiver. I already see improvement.

Is it wrong to point out where can improve and still be happy we won

I guess I am ju

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

You appear unable to differentiate criticism from opposition. I try not to mollycoddle my children, I damn sure won’t treat multimillionaire coaches with kid gloves. Your unwavering loyalty to O et al is more wrong than the elbows I might throw.

There is an outbreak of cnn-fox think here that is annoying as shit. Please try not to contribute to the toxic polarization from the vocal minority that makes this place less enjoyable.

This was an incredible win, a potential pivot from the trajectory we’d been on since 01/2012. I have faith in O to continue to build on it; he rallied the troops after Troy last year. If he can keep this thing on the tracks I’d think our recruiting class can be ungodly and the legend of Eaux’ll be truly born.

I give him a ton of credit for leading LSU despite a deluge of naysayers. I’ve tried to be on the more supportive side of the fan base, but there was a point yesterday where I was having some doubt. I was prepared to acknowledge that Eaux might need a little more time to right the ship.

We still have a brutal schedule, but like AU, our opponents are just men. I don’t think UGA is out of our reach; hell Saban seems to be cracking and secretly hoping for a yin to his yang. But we need to embrace the adage of one week at a time, need to avoid the traps, like LATECH next week.

Looking back on last week, I think Eaux held back by exacting optimally scheduled discipline. That coupled with disinterest led to a lackluster, but dominating, shutout. It wasn’t as bad as I feared a week ago. Eaux is better than that.

6. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I think the difference is Oeaux trust Steve and let’s him handle play calling without interfering. He said that many times. That has to be why E never wanted the job before because he saw how much Les had his hands in it. It becomes more comfortable when you own the job and not micromanaged. As long as our O line continues to protect, E and Jeaux have a lot of weapons to use.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Very well said, the entire post was. Thank you for your contribution.

gynojunkie, Brian, lsu-i-like and 2 others like this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Very well said, amigo.

lsu-i-like and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, this is the exact point several of us were trying to make when there was so much backlash about firing Canada and hiring CSE. It’s about trust which then impacts coaching chemistry, which wasn’t there with Oeaux and Canada.

Brian and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When the plan to hire Lane Kiffin as OC Oeaux had not choice but to hire the next hottest name on the list to fulfil the promises he made in order to get the job.
    It's like when that smoking hot chick rejects you and you start dating the next hot chick. Seems like a great idea at the time until you get to know her.

Brian and LSU_4_LIFE like this.