Aligning Priorities in the new Regime

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Robidoux87, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

LSU Athletics needs to focus on a couple of things for long term success (and survival).

1. Take sexual misconduct allegations against athletes way more seriously
    2. Take marijuana use among athletes way less seriously

2. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

So you believe it’s time to WEED out the unimportant details?
    HAYOHHHHHhhhhh!

lsu-i-like, shane0911, Brian and 3 others like this.
  3. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Getting rid of the absolutely ridiculous punishments for weed hopefully is an imperative of the incoming coach. Perhaps even his top demand. It puts us at a massive disadvantage and there's been no sensible reason for it and a withering legal one to fall on.

The next thing is getting this recruiting class back together. Aaron Anderson decommitted and is between us and Bama. 3 of bama top 4 WR targets are from the state of Louisiana (see why I initially said Lincoln might listen?) And while we can't really stop them from the talent stockpile, we can when it's stealing our guys from us. Our WR class as true freshman is greatly outperforming theirs so far and they even took Jojo Earle from us. Jojo had been their best of their young guys as well. Mickey Joseph had done a great job identifying guys at that spot.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

As I understand it this is an NCAA thing. Other schools don't have the issue because the test date is well published (so I've heard) if LSU isn't saying to the players "Hey, make sure you piss clean on June 12th" then we are doing it wrong.

rockwallfan and mctiger like this.
  5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Wouldn't doubt it, @shane0911. The players I do believe are aware of the testing. Dare for example just didn't care enough to follow it but this is a routine problem going back to the Badger. These are college kids and they know their fellow players at other SEC schools smoke and get covered for it, so I guess they expect the same here.

My understanding is this is an LSU board mandate by the school not the Athletic department so it's not in any control of our coaches. Saban supposedly had the guy who tests our guys now and busts them moved to another office while he was at LSU.. problem solved. So there's ways to get around it. Miles and O didn't have enough stroke to pull that off it seems. It's gotta be a priority however it is done. Bama has pushed the boundaries on the 25 man scholarship limit for years regardless of what Terry claims. The Bama compliance department is willing to fight the NCAA over it. Every other school including LSU has looked into how they do it and all of them agreed maybe bama can push that with Saban, but our school can't get away with that. So it really comes down to the creativity and commitment of everyone in the same direction which is winning at all costs to find a solution.

We should be able to take on a 32 man class this year though with the new 7 man transfer ruling.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    northernvatiger, kcal and shane0911 like this.
  6. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Yeah, to have our starting tackle leave our school snd start immediately at another SEC school is plain wrong….

7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Absolutely. Agreed!

8. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Honey Badger ALLEGEDLY was advised about upcoming piss tests all day long but didn’t adhere to the warnings

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Didnt study hard enough.

kluke likes this.