Alabama vs LSU Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Nov 5, 2022.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

How about Major Burns chasing down Jase McClellan? That saved four points. I think it was a matter of desire, because McClellan is fast. Here's evidence:

geaux9 likes this.
  2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I watched that replay over and over and I swear his finger clearly moved. It was a tipped ball. It was obvious from first time they showed the replay from the camera view looking toward the South end zone. His finger moved back. It was not pass interference. Typical Bummer favoritism.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Agree it was pretty clear it was tipped, but the way I looked at it is they could have gotten him for holding before the ball was thrown.

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Not as clear as you might think. The "movement" is caught when ESPN's computer enhancement zoomed in the replay. But that kind of enhancement....without getting into technical explanations, as you zoom in, you lose picture quality. The quality loss can make it appear things are there when they aren't - in this case, it can appear the finger moved when the picture in fact has just become fuzzy from the zoom. Could be movement, but maybe not.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I saw the same thing, my son and I watched it again last night and I pointed it out to him.

I get it, but not the case here. It hit his finger. There is a video of reporters asking him questions after the game and of course they asked him about it. He said 100% I tipped that ball. He said he talked to one of the refs that agreed with him but told Wingo it wasn't his call to make.

There is no doubt in my mind he tipped that ball.

GiantDuckFan and mctiger like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I like the no call on the tip. I don’t like the fumble call.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

My full take on the fumble play is that Brooks possessed the ball with both hands before Latu (sp?) touched it. The ball moved a bit before Brooks pulled it in, but only because Latu touched it. The ref interpreted the rule correctly, but his failure was in ruling that Brooks did not have full possession of the ball before Latu touched it. As for the rule itself, it conflicts with the interpretation of who can legally touch the ball in other circumstances; for instance, an eligible receiver on a pass attempt. The fix is an across-the-board interpretation on touch eligibility. A player must establish himself with one foot in bounds to be eligible to touch the ball in any circumstance. Touching it while out of bounds results in a yardage penalty, and possession goes to the other team.

kcal, GiantDuckFan and shane0911 like this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If someone from the bench touches a fumble to keep their opponent from recovering, all good?

anyone fumbling near out of bounds should get out of bounds pronto and touch the ball.