Alabama -Texas observations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Sep 11, 2022.

1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I started watching in the third quarter and have no love for either team. But I felt the officiating was giving Texas the edge in the calls. That late revised spot stunned me. But I didn't feel one bit sorry for Bama.

2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Living in Alabama, I heard from a lot of Alabama fans and everyone of them said if Ewers doesn't go down, they don't win. It was clear from the Alabama fans I spoke with today that they felt very fortunate to come out of Austin with a W.

3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

He played in their first game but I dont think he played in this one

furduknfish likes this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#giantsinkhole

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Ricks transfer portal here i come he will be at mississippi school for the blind and stupid 3rd team before hes done

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Wouldn’t he have to Sit out a year if he transfers a second time?

7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

The portal is closed till the end of the year. He is stuck at Bama this season.
    FYI the NCAA reined in the portal a little effective Aug. 31. It will be open for a 45 day period starting the day after the championship teams are announced (so basically early Dec to mid Jan). +. their is a 2nd 15 day period May 1-15.
    https://www.si.com/fannation/colleg.../college-football-transfer-portal-ncaa-change

8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

With the shorter period of time the portal will be open, you can bet that there will be a lot of movement going on. Before players could wait and see how everything unfolded, but with a shorter period, players are going to have move quickly or their spot on another team may get filled up quickly.

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Co
    Coaches who have their teams in the playoff or bowl games are going to have their hands full. They will be trying to lock in their early HS recruits, scour the portal, try to talk their players from going pro or entering the portal all while trying to field a team for whatever game they may have to play.

10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree it's going to be a mess. It doesn't matter if you're Alabama or Vanderbilt, very talented players are going to transfer if they are not happy with their playing time, which means coaches are going to be waiting with open arms to scoop them up. Team loyalty means absolutely nothing anymore, which means ranking top recruiting classes will grab a headline for a few days, but the odds of that recruiting class being around together a couple of years later is slim to none!