Alabama -Texas observations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Sep 11, 2022.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I honestly think if Alabama doesnt hurt the Texas QB that Texas wins by 2 Touchdowns. Their backup wasnt bad but Texas coach went into protection mode and quit being aggressive on offense.

Isnt it convenient that he goes out on a dirty hit.

Bama dbacks were holding and interfering constantly. They had 15 penalties but should have had 30- 40 penalties.

If the defensive end just makes the easy tackle by slowing a little and making sure on the last drive Texas wins. What a huge missed tackle.

And did you notice the lack of holding called on bama. Look at the replay and decide how many holding calls you would have called.

Texas will get used to getting screwed just like the rest of us in the sec.

And as a side note Jimbo Fisher will be looking for a job shortly. Even that NIL money wont save that dumpster fire.

northernvatiger and shane0911 like this.
  2. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

The hit on Ewers wasn’t dirty, it was a legal hit. Yes, Bama got away with some PIs snd holding calls, but so did Texas.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Never feel sorry for Texas.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Didnt see it live but pretty sure was flagged for UR, driving him into ground.

Richdog likes this.
  5. furduknfish

Sadly, they were only flagged for a fraction of their committed penalties. That last drive, its almost like the B12 zebras were auditioning for an SEC job.

This myth of gump discipline is well documented. The notion that some are missed on both sides is true but the disparity between the two sides for any gump game cannot be overlooked. They are flagged probably 5x over for any game not officiated by the SEC.

6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Call me a conspiracy theorist. Fine with me. I believe Alabama is a dirty team. They’ve always been that way. His players over celebrate constantly just with normal tackles. They exhibit a lot of unsportsmanlike characteristics. I don’t know the inside baseball… But, I rarely see and get dressed down for very serious personal foul penalties when they’re actually called. I believe Saban teaches that. Saban being a statesman is nothing but a myth. He’s a wolf in sheep‘s clothing. To him, the flagrant hit on the Texas quarterback might not have been planned, but that player continued in that game and I saw no hint of discipline. Mission accomplished.

Richdog likes this.
  7. furduknfish

The real takeaway on the game is BY is terrible when under contained pressure. LSU might have been first to expose it last year. Sark and his D went soft/prevent toward end of game. That allowed BY to get in a rythm. Once they brought pressure back when game was on the line, it was too late.

Dude whiffin on last blitz was pretty typical of this gens tackling. Going for the kill instead of a clean wrap-up with arms extended.

Richdog, northernvatiger and Hou-duco like this.
  8. furduknfish

Real question, did Eli Ricks play? I started watching late and never heard his name called. Never bothered lookin up his #.

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I stand corrected. I forgot about the penalty, but still didn’t see it as flagrant and still don’t feel sorry for Texas.

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Too bad there wasn't a way for both teams to lose.

Richdog likes this.