Alabama reporter ranks SEC QBs - Max 9th, Brennan 12th

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

It’s easy to forget about the poor OLine play. As bad as they were, they were infinitely better than Pelini’s defense.

2. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Good breakdown on a few plays MSU 2020.

3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Here's a question. Myles Brennen is a Senior for about the 3rdt time. Do you gear your entire Offense aound someone who won't be here next year, or bite the bullet & play the other talented QBs instead?

It's not like Brennen was lighting the CFB world on fire. He's only beaten Vandy as a Starter. Will be interesting to see who Kelly /Denbrock trot out there vs. FSU.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think the offense is the offense. Maybe some slight differences with Jayden Daniels in there, but overall, I don't think you're gearing anything differently for Brennan than anyone else.

He was ok in the opener against MSU, but he was really, really good against Vandy and Mizzou, for whatever that's worth. I think Brennan is the safest option. Nussmeier probably has the most upside, but he's still only a redshirt freshman. Brennan was lightyears better in his games than Nussmeier was last year.

I don't really know what to say about Jayden Daniels, I've never seen him play a game.

Chipeace and Perple like this.
  5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Well, Brennen is a pocket statue. There's not much he can do to elude a pass rusher, with those cement feet. He was pretty good against Vandy in his Start back in 2020. But Vandy's only had 1 player drafted since 2020.

Nussmeir is too early to really tell much about him. He seems to be a statue of sorts as well. But his 57 snaps were taken against much tougher teams.

Good point about Jayden Daniels. His advantage seems to be his experience & his feet. His stats easily put all out QBs to shame. He's not a statue back there & can elude pass rushers. Practice is practice. Actual game poise is something much different. He might just be Denbrock's guy. He does give him more options. Hard to ignore his 6,000 yards passing & 1,000 yards rushing. Plus he'll likely be back for another year, unless he has a monster season.

Lots of different ways to go here.

Used to think it was maybe Nuss. Now as the season gets closer leaning towards Daniels, strictly on his passing & rushing yardage as a PAC12 starter. Guy's never not started in his career.

But most people are overlooking Daniels & pretending Myles Brennen has the "It" factor, which he hasn't shown in his 10 year tenure, so far.

Any way they go, I think any of the 3 QBs (plus Howard maybe) will benefit from having Boutte & Malik Neighbors snagging passes.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    MobileBengal and Winston1 like this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Jimbo has announced his starter. Max and Weigman beaten out by Haynes King.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Guess the charade was worth it to get lilbro signed along with coughin up a lil NIL scratch.

8. msully

msully Founding Member

Vandy maybe in the top 20 this week . As far as I can tell only 1 SEC TEAM lost right ?

furduknfish likes this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

10. Perple

Perple Founding Member