Alabama @ LSU SECn 8pm

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Feb 17, 2016.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The team isn't that young. If we make the tourney I have no confidence we'll make a run because we continue to be inconsistent. Preseason expectations were tourney and not just barely. Now you're saying tiger fans should be cool with the NIT and we'll be better next year without Simmons and Hornsby?

2. lsu-i-like

Is UNC a bubble team?

Richdog likes this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

yep, the "this team is young" excuse is really out of place

this team is as balanced in youth and experience as we're ever going to see in the current landscape of NCAA basketball teams

4. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

Not exactly a great home court advantage venue either. Could the Maravitch center be any more quiet?

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Our starters are young. Victor, BS, and Blakeney are all essentially freshmen. How is that not young? And, since when do preseason expectations really hold weight? Are they ever accurate? If you look at basketball threads <10 games into the season, people were already predicting NIT. Now we are 20+ games into the season are scraping to get into the NCAA, and people are still complaining and still predicting NIT. It's just the misery of fans. Predicting too high, then complaining, then getting fired up when predictions are back up, then bitching again.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

everyone is perpetually shitty. save the misery for football where it belongs. you'll need your rest anyhow.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

yeah, and you are so balanced in your views. greatest ever, worst ever. NC or bust, baby. fire the coach! go root for USL. we have 3 starters who are playing their first season at LSU ever. the ever part should hold weight for you. if that is not young, and inexperienced, then i don't know what is. the only experience they have playing meaningful minutes are Hornsby, and TQ. TQ has been inconsistent at best. Grey is up and down as usual, and everyone else are just supporters.

8. lsu-i-like

LSU has delivered a bunch of disappointment for years in all 3 major sports. Jones may have actually delivered the most joy since he's been here. Don't start on the "LSU fans suck more than other fans" shit. This loss was a huge disappointment to fans looking for something other than disappointment. Throw in our governor's hijinx, whoopeee. Pure joy.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Chill out you knuckleheads, none of you know the meaning of despair. If you don't cut it out we will trade places.

10. lsu-i-like

Better luck next time fellas! But we gave it the good ol' college try. Participation trophies for all.

Richdog and shane0911 like this.