Alabama Hate Week!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Nov 4, 2019.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Part of what he's saying is true, part of it I can't explain.

"I watched Tua practice (Thursday), he's not 100 percent," Danielson said Friday on Sirius XM's "SEC This Morning" show, according to Peter Burns of ESPN's SEC Network. "I don't care what Alabama says ... he doesn't have that spring in his step, it's not natural. He's OK ... I'd be playing if I was him, but he's not the Tua that started season."
    He's not 100%. That's never been a question.

"I don't care what Alabama says" is where he losses me. All that's been said is he's not 100% and it's a game time decision. You're suggesting a trolling attempt. I don't know if that fits but at face value it does look like Gary is trying to create a narrative here. We'll know in the first few minutes of the broadcast.

There's a line from the article that's mind boggling. I don't know how a beat writer could be this misinformed...I'm literally at a loss for words here.

Thirteenth-year head coach Nick Saban, who underwent the same operation himself during his playing days, said Thursday that he has seen Tagovailoa attack the rehabilitation process "more aggressive" in an effort to get back.
    Underwent the same operation 45 years ago?

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Probably meant same injury, not same surgery. Not that big of a deal anyway.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

21369601_2023647097917265_5360813700205220056_n.jpg

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Just watched the 2nd half of the 1985 LSU-Bama game in TS. Ended in a tie, ugh!!! I was at that game.....so long ago, another ugh!

Some notables names: Arnsparger and Perkins were manning the sidelines. Garry James, and Dalton Hilliard were in the backfield, Wickerscham was QB, and Wendell was a wideout (but his plethoric years were yet to come with Hodson!). Toby Caston, Carrier, MBrooks, etc were on D! Shula was QB for Bama - completely forgot he was a leftie. Bobby Humphrey, and John Hand were on that team.

Other OBS:
    -Ronnie Lewis missed 3 FGs that game!
    -Loved the big ass shoulder pads the defense wore back then.
    -I didn’t see any helmet to helmet hits, all textbook shoulder tackles and wrapping players up! #teachingmatters
    -Bama was called for holding!....3 times in 2nd half alone.
    -Garry James had a 44 yard run called back for holding! I went to HS w/GJ. Norman Jefferson was also on that team and was on our rival HS team, Ehret.
    -TS was rocking most of the game, esp 4th quarter!

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

No. That's a bad look for the writer. It's just bad writing.
    It was the writer who is saying same procedure ... not the same injury which is what was being discussed.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Shut up.

leroy7500 and mancha like this.
  8. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

You're correct. The "Tightrope" operation is very, very new; it replaces the traditional "rod & screw" approach--which is what Saban likely received.

TerryP likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood