Alabama fans want to leave the SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Jun 26, 2005.

1. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

http://mb9.scout.com/falabamafans48326frm1.showMessage?topicID=75007.topic

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Geez. I guess those idiots don't realize that the worst mistake Tulane ever made in regard to athletics was leaving the SEC. Leaving the SEC will do for 'Bama exactly what it did for Tulane.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We've seen that here before, but it's still very interesting.

It typifies the arrogance of some Bama old timers who think college football began and ended with Bear Bryant.

We could say the same thing about baseball since LSU "carried the SEC on our backs" during the 90s.

4. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

What I particularly find ridiculous about Bama fans.....

are the following:

1-That the SEC schools owe Bama something for "success" Bama has had in the past while they were buying players and cheating to achieve that "success".

2-How Bama fans conveniently ignore the fact that when Bama cheated over the years (decades) it was at their SEC bretherens expense. In other words,
    just who was Bama trying to gain an advantage over by illegally recruiting players. It was the other SEC schools who Bama cheated against in order to win SEC Titles which very possibly may have gone to other SEC schools
    had Bama not cheated.

3-How Bama fans always assume that other conferences would just welcome them with open arms while ignoring the fact that Bama has gained a major reputation as a cheater and running a rogue athletic program. I still say that I don't think ANY OTHER SCHOOL ever had TWO CONSECUTIVE FOOTBALL COACHING STAFFS land on probation and had a basketball probation sandwiched in between in about a 12 year period. Besides, the ACC already has 12 teams. Maybe Bama could leave the SEC and join CUSA.

4-How Bama fans seem to want to blame Tennessee, Fulmer, Roy Kramer and the NCAA for the probation regarding Albert Means. They do this while never wanting to face up to the reality that BAMA CHEATED REGARDLESS OF WHO TURNED BAMA IN.

5-How Bama fans always look at what has happened to the image of the Bama program and want to blame the SEC and others while never giving a crap about what image Bama has brought to the SEC with all there bull**** over the last 12-15 years.

Bama is just an example of what can happen when cheating becomes so ingrained and rampant that not only occurs but is standard practice. I still believe that Bama will get into trouble again as the mindset there has been in place so long that it has become a way of life in Tuscaloosa.

If Bama wants to leave the SEC then they shouldn't let the doorknob hit them
    in the ass on the way out. Maybe Bama can find another conference who needs and wants a program which has demonstrated that they are willing to resort to ridiculous levels to cheat and gain an advantage over their conference rivals. Good F---ing luck.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i agree totally stripes. Go to Hell Bama.

6. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Figures. They want to get the f*ck out once they realize LSU is going to dominate the West for the next 10 years. Hell, even Auburn's program is in better shape than Bama's. No one would really miss them, it isn't like they're a legit threat to win the west or anything. But I would miss beating them every year.

7. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl:

They still want to go back to the days where we come to their place every year.

Man, just when I think I dislike LSU more than Bama :yelwink2: ...I am thrown back to reality. :thumb:

8. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

yeah what the hell makes them think that AU would come to BDS every year? No way in hell the Aubies would do that.

9. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Maybe Bama and SMU can start the SWC again....

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I like how they expect other teams to leave as well.