Alabama (and Clemson for that matter) is ruining college football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 2, 2019.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Richdog likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Sooo, a $150.00 for a ticket rather than $1,700.00 or last yrs' $3,000.00 is a bad thing?

And that thread title should be Bowl System needs modernization. And no, Clemson and Bama fans aren't going to San Jose.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I can see how some people feel that way but there have always been dynasties in sports that were hated by some. The Yankees, Celtics, Lakers, UCLA hoops, Patriots. Dynasties eventually decline like the Roman Empire and new dynasties arise from the ashes. Right now Clemson and even more Alabama are the dominant powers of college football but how far ahead are they really. I see Georgia and Oklahoma as being almost but not quite on the same level. Ohio State will always be in the mix.

Coaches are working night and day to figure out how to beat Nick Saban and like every old gunfighter he will eventually fall to a younger, smarter gun.

[​IMG]

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Or the little bastard could stroke out

islstl likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Isn't the devil immortal?

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

Only a loser would feel that way and LOL on the Roman empire you silly bastard.

7. LSUTiga

Did you even read it? It's not about Saban. Here's a snipet.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Wetzel has brought up some points/thoughts over the last few years that have been intriguing. Some actually thought provoking. But more often than not he misses some things by a large margin.

I'll give him this. He does have a very high opinion of himself considering he thinks "they" are the power brokers. (And yes, I did catch Delany's comments.)

I've read, and heard, more people against an eight team playoff this past week than I have in the past year.

(On a bit of a different subject, but somewhat related...I caught Ivan Maisel make the comment yesterday that the country was feeling UCF fatigue and he was glad their run was over. He even mentioned he was tired of the story...a story he was a main part of. It's as if he/they have said, "I'm tired of the story I/we created." I'm still of the opinion, "who gives a damn.")

The location for the NC game doesn't make a lot of sense--is what it is though.

9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I know some die hard bama fans that are even saying it's no longer that much fun to watch the tide anymore. Thought I'd never hear such a thing.

Might just be the bandwagon talking tho.

Brian likes this.
  10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I have been saying this to my group of friends the past few days, bowl games mean nothing. Playoffs mean nothing, I will probably not even watch the championship game unless I go to a party or something. Saban will go down as the best all time, dynasties suck for a sport if they last too long imo.

islstl and ParadiseiNC like this.