ALA v. FLA

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by ParadiseiNC, Nov 29, 2008.

1. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

One thing I can promise everyone we aren't going into the Florida game scared or thinking we can't win.

2. mjenner

mjenner Freshman

It will be a great contrast in style, old school vs new school, defense, run and ball control vs explosiveness. Don't discount the type of ball Alabama is playing. Not sure iof any of you remember but many, many, SEC and Nation championships were won with that style of football. Personally I love the we are tougher then you and we will run it down your throat mentality, to me thats what football is all about. I'm taking Bama and old school football.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i agree. but i dislike bama even more.

CHOMP!

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Oh, Bama will make a game of it, but Florida is a stronger team. I'd like to see Bama take it all and become the third straight SEC National Champion in a row . . . but I don't think it's going to happen.

Florida 35
    Bama 24

I certainly hope not. But it will take more than the power of positive thinking to beat Florida.

5. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

onon;863148]Oh, Bama will make a game of it, but Florida is a stronger team. I'd like to see Bama take it all and become the third straight SEC National Champion in a row . . . but I don't think it's going to happen.

Florida 35
    Bama 24[/quote]

It's going to be an interesting matchup. But I truly believe that if Bama can slow the game down and make it into a "half court" game (rather than a fast break game) then the advantage goes to Bama. From a "cosmetic" standpoint Florida is "sexier" but it doesn't change the fact that there are physical aspects of the Florida team that can be a weakness for them. Their D-Line is small and that opens up the opportunity for our OL to push them around. If we start running the ball off of them they'll have no choice but to bring down support from the secondary which forces man on man and though JPW isn't going to win any awards for his passing has shown that he's good enough to take advantage of one on one coverage.

From a defensive standpoint the big question will be can they single block the rotation of Cody and Chapman. Chapman is now becoming a beast on the DL at NT. I don't care what offense you run when you have to start doubling up a DT to block him it removes one receiver from your offense. The game still has to be played and whether anyone wants to believe or not there are aspects of this game that actually favor Bama.

6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Yeah, right. GOOOOOOOD LUUUUUUCK!:insane:

Florida is going to make Saban look even shorter than he already is. LSU almost did with freshman QB, who regularly gives footballs as gifts, and the worst defense in decades.

7. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

Yeah, right. GOOOOOOOD LUUUUUUCK!:insane:[/quote]

If you can't look at both of these teams, evaluate both's strength's and weaknesses and see that there are things about Bama that can play into their favor then you either have NO CLUE about football or are simply choosing to not see. :insane:

8. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

If you can't look at both of these teams, evaluate both's strength's and weaknesses and see that there are things about Bama that can play into their favor then you either have NO CLUE about football or are simply choosing to not see. :insane:[/quote]

Mighty presumptous. I have...I don't see it my friend.:thumb:

9. GatorGreat84

GatorGreat84 Freshman

Alabama is a great team, but their downfall against the Gators will be their inability to throw the ball. Yes, the Gator defensive line is small, but we rotate as many as ten lineman (might be down to eight due to injuries, but that should still be enough) so Bama won't be able to wear down the line as they have done against other teams.

Bama plays great defense and I am sure they will win their fair share of battles against the UF offense, but what makes this offense great is its ability to take it to the house on any play.

UF hasn't let anyone run the ball on them consistently all year. Even in the Ole Miss loss the Rebels only averaged something like 3.7 ypc. Bama will have a chance if they can win the turnover battle by 2 or more.

As for how I think the game will go... the Gators will keep Bama's offense in check long enough for the Gator offense to build a two or three TD lead, which will force Bama to go to the air. At this point the game will be over.

Gators 31, Bama 14

10. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

I am quite torn.

Does no one else on this board think that it would be a great thing to have TWO straight National Champions coming out of the SEC West?