ALA v. FLA

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by ParadiseiNC, Nov 29, 2008.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

LOL, whats up man... I know you from a different board I think, maybe a fishing one?
    Anyway, I just don't see Bama controlling this game... Florida just has way too many looks to contain them fully. But if Harvin is out, that does go in your favor.

2. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

Crappie.com is what you're thinking of I believe. Florida has speed at the skill positions and rely on the opposing defense to be undisciplined. That is what the spread option's "MO" is. What gives the spread option fits is penetration/pressure in the backfield and good open field tackling. Our defense is fast. No one has talked about the speed of our defense because they focus on Cody so much. But our defense is very fast from sideline to sideline.

The challenge for UF will be to physically stand up to our OL long enough for them to score points. So again, it goes back to what I'm saying. Which ever team can force the other to play their style of game will win. It is not impossible to get UF to play our style of football. It can be done. If it doesn't then so be it. We've had a great year, a great team coming back and a bright future and will probably play in the Sugar Bowl. Beats playing in Shreveport. :thumb:

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Anyone see Saban pitch a fit when his punter shanked a punt? They were up by 30ish, and he just went off. The sideline reporter said that Saban was yelling at his team not to give up because he "hates these guys."

4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Saban showed his ass a bit tonight. I have to admit I loved him looking like a prick on national television..

When he yelled 'bull****' it was classic. :lol:

5. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

Yeah he doesn't like tubs at all. When a HEAD COACH walks onto the field during pre game holding up seven fingers to the opposing team's fans and allows his players to walk over to the opposing team's fans and taunt them and then go jump up and down on the midfield logo, you tend to make enemies real quick. Tubs is a jackass and got what he deserved. A total physical domination and ass kicking. He better be glad we don't have much of a passing game or it would have been 70-0.

6. CajunByGrace

CajunByGrace Founding Member

Florida by at least 14.

1 person likes this.
  7. MaizeandBlue

MaizeandBlue Founding Member

Florida by 14.

8. TigerAlumn

TigerAlumn Freshman

Florida has not faced a defense like Alabama. Except for Ole Miss, which beat them of course...

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

One of the keys will be special teams, too, don't forget about that. FLA has the edge there, but Saban knows about STs importance, too. Look for Arenas to take one back, if he gets to touch it, and Bama to block a FG. These are the ways they can surprise and upset FLA. Funny, that the #1 team will be considered to be upsetting #4, if they win. I certainly would not be surprised if some of the other predictions come true that FLA blows them out, but when so many prognosticators say this, there is often an upset, esp. with someone like Saban as the coach and esp. on the big stage. Look back at LSU beating "best team of the century" Oklahoma for NCG 2003, and FLA upseting/blowing out "best team of the century" OSU in NCG 2006 for examples.

10. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

Dear Bama Troll, News flash! Bama's awesome defense struggled to stop LSU's struggling offense. Plus Bama's offense isn't setting the world on fire either. LSU turnovers is what helped Bama get out of TS with a win.:miles: