Adrian Peterson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by mesquite tiger, Jan 26, 2004.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Ok, what is the deal with this guy. On this Insiders page it has him listed as a Hot Recruit for LSU, but I though he commited to OU. Is he thinking about changing to the Tigers?

Anybody in the know please feel free to comment...

http://louisianastate.foxsports.theinsiders.com/

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Sounds like wishful thinking on the part of somebody at TR. Note
    that they also have Marcus Walker listed, and he committed to
    Oklahoma last Thursday.

3. mesquite tiger

yea, but if you click Peterson's name, the latest update is from OUInsiders and it says "Still a Sooner?" dated 1/25/2004. I am cheap and not a member, so I have no idea what they are saying about him.........

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I hear ya, bro.

Let's just say this: If we get him, fine. If we don't get him, also
    fine. We weren't expecting him, we don't really need him, so landing him would be just that much more lagniappe. The class
    we've picked up so far is probably the best in the nation for the second year running, so I'm ecstatic...especially since we landed the X-Man. As Coach Boss would've said: "Super great and getting better".

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That's supposed to be their HOT PROSPECTS that we are still being recruited by us and they are always ranked in order of their stars. They were changing that fairly quickly, dropping the ones that committed elsewhere and adding the next highest ranked guy to the list but I guess they've been too busy doing other things to fix that or for some reason they think these guys are soft verbals but with Peterson I know they consider him going to OU>

6. mike_v

mike_v Freshman

here is how i interpreted that supposed peterson article:

Still a Sooner?
    January 25, 2004 at 10:53pm ET

Adrian Peterson Profile

JH: AD, everyone is going crazy about you attending a basketball game in College Station this weekend. What's up?

AD:“I went up there to just watch a basketball game with some friends," said Peterson. "I would rather just drive an hour and fifteen minutes to watch a basketball game than I would to drive five hours to watch one in Norman.”

JH: Did you actually talk to Texas A&M coaches while you were there?

AD: “Sure, they found me and they talked to me, but that wasn’t any big deal. It was just a couple of minutes. We didn’t stay very long in College Station anyway. I didn’t have a lot of time to talk to anybody very long.”

JH: Are you still firmly committed to OU?

AD: “Yes, sir.”

.... so looks like hes going to ou they need a rb hehe

7. mesquite tiger

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Who was it that "bodly predicted" that Adrian Peterson would switch his committment to LSU???

9. NHTIGER

NHTIGER Founding Member

Old Old Old

I have looked at that LSU page on Insiders every single days for months now and I can tell you the same 5 names have been there a LONG time, and Peterson's name has been there like forever, as have a couple of the others. "Not updated recently" is the understatement of the year!

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Re: Old Old Old

I was thinking the same thing today when I went there. They even have our own committs on it. for a while they were changing it almost daily. Maybe they need to give one of us a password so we can update that stuff for them.