ACTIVE SHOOTER: MARJORY STONEMAN DOUGLAS HIGH SCHOOL IN PARKLAND

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bayou Tiger, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Appropriate limitations on civilian's firepower is already the law. You can't legally possess a fully automatic machine gun, a grenade or rocket launcher or a bomb. The term "assault weapon" is just a liberal catchword for firearms that are cosmetically similar to military weapons but in reality have no more capacity to kill than firearms that have a more sporting look.

Now if only it was possible to legislate mental illness out of existence.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Megan Boone, co-star of The Blacklist, announced that she would no longer carry an assault rifle on the show. Now let's get this straight - She plays an FBI agent. FBI agents sometimes carry all sorts of weapons in real life. No wonder California is called La La Land.

Just as everyone is (finally!) beginning to really abandon the NRA, television and movie stars are starting to really look at what messages they're sending when they use guns on camera during their shows.11

And the star of The Blacklist, for one, is ready to make some changes.

Related: Megan Boone's Daughter Is SO Adorable!

Megan Boone announced on Friday afternoon that her character in the NBC show will no longer carry a rifle around.

In addition to that vow, too, Boone apologized for the possibility that her character on the show — FBI agent/profiler Elizabeth Keen — had ever made guns seem cool in episodes already shot.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Agreed. I am far more concerned about high capacity magazines and modifications like bump stocks than the AR-15 itself. I would also agree that the majority of hardcore liberals do not know that without these two things it is like any other hunting rifle.

Mental Illness cannot be legislated out of existence but we can stop states from privatizing it and properly fund it. We are currently losing more lives domestically from untreated mental illness than we are in foreign wars. It should be a part of the defense budget imo. As a business owner I am for privatization in a lot of areas but mental health and prisons are two items that simply cannot be privatized. My wife is a therapist so we've seen the mental health system eroded over the past 10-12 years here in NC. You can track the uptick in mass shootings to the privatization of the mental health system and see that the correlation there is strong.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

They were waiting for the Cops to come....real cops.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

For the most part, yes. They provide equipment "packages" for youth sports leagues. Baseball, softball, lacrosse, soccer. They are seasonally focused for adults. Snow ski/board equipment and clothes in the winter, beach/tennis/pool equipment and gear in the summer. They sell all sorts of camping equipment and year round they sell running clothes and shoes plus bicycles and golf equipment. They have a not-so-great array of weight lifting equipment and cardio machines.

All of it is VERY over priced. There are a lot of specialty sporting goods/outdoor retailers that are about as pricey but they carry better quality stock. The only other sporting goods store out in CA with brick and mortar is Big 5. REI and Costco are great choices if you pay attention to deals.

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Unless she’s SRT/HRT on that show, she should just stick to carrying whatever pea shooter the rest of those accountants carry.

furduknfish likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've watched a couple of seasons of the show. It's called The Blacklist and stars James Spader of Boston Legal fame as a master criminal. Megan Boone gets into a lot of shootouts on the show.

8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Nerds

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I cant believe that POS show is even still on. This is not unlike when Liam Neeson came out against gun voilence. Fkn hypocrite has made a career out of it. Just like pretty much every HW douchebag out there.

tirk, uscvball and Winston1 like this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You should move... I hear tell Academy is nice. The one good thing all this pseudo corp stewardship does is steer a shitton of money to LGS's.