ACTIVE SHOOTER: MARJORY STONEMAN DOUGLAS HIGH SCHOOL IN PARKLAND

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bayou Tiger, Feb 14, 2018.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Violating policy can be a very bad thing to do. HOWEVER, I don’t see a hero being charged with anything, so it really is a moot point. And I know, I know, you’ll respond with “well that’s stupid”, and I will go ahead and agree with you. Active shooter response was taught, unless it’s changed in the last few years, that you wait for backup. That way if you go down, you haven’t just given the suspect an extra gun and radio and body armor and a police car and a few extra mags of ammo, etc.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It is if you realize how incredibly easy it is to make a hand grenade with shit I can go and buy at Home Depot right now.

So go on, outlaw hand grenades, see if that stops anything

3. shane0911

Common sense says no, grenades are freaking dangerous as F even for the guy/gal that plans to use it. Have to be an idiot to even want one. It all starts somewhere. The real issue is that it should not be starting with guns, they are not the problem.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The problem the “when you pry it from my cold, dead hands” guy’s arguments is that regardless of all the arguments, testimony, excuses, and deflections, high velocity/high capacity magazine rifles show up consistently at mass murder scenes. Practically every one.

Read the piece written by the trauma guy in FL that describes the nature of wounds from AR type weapon vs a pistol. A quite unsettling “compare and contrast.”

These weapons have the ability to do too much damage, too quickly, to be ignored. If they are not banned completely they should require the same level of permitting and registration as their fully automatic cousins. There is a reason you can’t drive an Indy style car on the interstate . . . . Too much damage, to quickly. The same applies to these rifles.

I’ve hunted for years, and practically everyone I socialize with is a hunter or target range shooter. I am immersed in the gun culture. Many of my friends own high velocity/high magazine capacity rifles. I do, too. These are not hunting rifles. Yes, they can be used in some hunting scenarios, but I’ll wager any of you, the vast majority will never be used afield.

Some times “the Common Good” takes precedence over the individual. Tightening up SIGNIFICANTLY the ability to possess high velocity/high mag capacity rifles is certainly one!

Yes, improved background checks and aggressive measures to insure only balanced and stable people can possess firearms is needed. Still, even with armed guards on the premises and these enhanced measures, the threat is too great. The only real solution is one that curtails the availability and restricts ownership of high velocity/high magazine capacity rifles.

5. BAY0U BENGAL

Where are hand grenades not outlawed? I’m genuinely curious.

6. shane0911

I don't know if they are/aren't ,that isn't the point.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

I know. But it keeps getting brought up as if they aren’t banned already. So, it kind of is the point. Not your point. But a point that someone made of “where does it end?” Apparently there.

8. shane0911

Blow it out of your ass Admiral. You freaking lefties are a bunch of freedom hating pussies. Any American should and does have the right to own and use a mag that will hold as many rounds as they can physically carry.

You people make me sick

Bengal B likes this.
  9. shane0911

FIFY Karl

10. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Hand grenade are restricted as Destructive Device under the National Firearms Act 1934/Gun Control Act 1968. I believe the prior approval from the Att Gen and a $200 tax stamp per device is required. There maybe still some grey in this if from several angles.