ACTIVE SHOOTER: MARJORY STONEMAN DOUGLAS HIGH SCHOOL IN PARKLAND

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bayou Tiger, Feb 14, 2018.

1. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Thanks, I try but I can lose it if I am not careful. I just choose to treat people with dignity.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I did some more reading, and it turns out the SRO did exactly what he was trained to do. I’ll rescind my coward comment. He was going to be burned either way. He doesn’t wait for secondary units to respond and does what he can to help, he booked SOP. He waits and does what he’s supposed to do, he becomes a scapegoat. It depends on the situation. But I’ll hold off on calling the dude a coward until i can find more out for myself. Either way, that dude is going to have a heavy conscience for the rest of his life.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I’m disappointed in you NC. I did nothing to disparage her efforts. What I did was point something out you just confirmed. She is a professional in the news business not a naive homemaker so aroused that she created what she dis on passion alone. Truth be told I admire her effort though I disagree with her solution. Like so many in the past while I may disagree with her I’ll defend her right to express her position with my life. Pointing out her past experience is NOT attacking her.
    What I did attack was NBC and the other news organizations that ignored her experience as a factor in what she accomplished. Read my post again. I didn’t say anything she said was propaganda but that the news media slanted the facts so much as to be propaganda.
    Get off of trying to use cheap emotion to counter my facts. If you want to debate the causes and solutions to this violence I’m ready but your cheap and false comments are as poor an argument as those of the NRA.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If you ever have to use it at night be sure to close one eye

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/21714

When terrorists attacked a school in Maalot in 1974, Israel did not declare every school a gun-free zone. It passed a law mandating armed security in schools, provided weapons training to teachers and today runs frequent active shooter drills. There have been only two school shootings since then, and both have ended with teachers killing the terrorists.

It is an approach that the Americans should take to end the constant slaughter of innocents.

watson1880 and Bengal B like this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So @Tiger in NC how can you excuse these lapses and lay the blame on the NRA and lack of gun control for allowing this horror to happen??????
    I’ve said time and again no right is unlimited and have listed a number of restrictions that are reasonable......no bump stocks,background checks for all sales, 5+ day waiting period between purchase and receiving a gun, no purchase by people less than 18 years old, mandatory safety training on every purchase, limit magazines to 5-8 bullets. However if the laws in effect currently had been followed this likely would not have happened. He was profiled and reported to those who had the power and means to stop him. As I’ve said time and again laws without changes in the live mean nothing. This and several of the other mass murders had prior warning and existing law were in place to prevent many of them.
    I’ll support many measure to limit weapons but until you and yours recognize that the short sighted non solutions being promoted by the gun control crowd I call BS on your concern and will believe you all are nothing better than the extreme NRA. Supporters.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article201684874.html

7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Nothing at all. If the accounts are accurate then this guy just froze and bailed on those kids.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I heard this the day after but never heard it mentioned again til now. I had sort of forgotten about it/figured it was a false report. Peterson resigned yesterday. Turns out he stood outside for 4 mins as this took place. Which is an eternity.

The sheriff said video shows Peterson was outside the building for “upwards of four minutes” while students were gunned down inside.

“What I saw was a deputy arrive … take up a position and he never went in,” the sheriff said at a news conference. “There are no words. I mean these families lost their children. We lost coaches,” Israel said.

“I’m in shock and I’m outraged to no end that he could have made a difference in all this,” Runcie said Thursday. “It’s really disturbing that we had a law enforcement individual there specifically for this reason, and he did not engage. He did not do his job. It’s one of the most unbelievable things I’ve ever heard.”

Infuriating.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  9. Tiger in NC

LOL.....join the crowd my friend.

My point, Winston, is that we just had 17 kids murdered and about as many wounded. We should be having a national debate about two things: 1) How do we fix our mental health system? It was privatized by most states around 15 years ago and has been a colossal failure. This is one reason why conservatives do not want to talk about mental health is because it would shoot a hole in their whole privitization of everything is better argument. 2) What level of fire power should a civilian be allowed to own? Should we be allowed to purchase a tank if we can afford it? A hand grenade? But neither of these can be addressed because the NRA and their pawns are hell bent on making this about whether a woman in Atlanta is really a home maker or not. It's a classic distraction and does nothing to advance the answering of either of the questions I posed.

Fuck off Winston. I'm not the one obfuscating the issue at hand here. I'm not the one changing the subject to whether a woman in Atlanta has a background in media or not and away from how do we stop kids from being killed in schols. Further, the issue in and of itself is an emotional one because it involves the killing of children for Christ's sake.

Then quit talking about the damn woman in Atlanta and start answering the two questions I posed above.

10. Tiger in NC

There is no excusing the lapses. I've never said we should. Until now I've only debated whether or not we should be attacking a house wife in Atlanta for starting a facebook page. There were far too many lapses and on many levels. Each of them should have consequences for not acting. This includes local Sherriff's department, the FBI, school administrators, students who didn't report his actions, etc. There is plenty of blame to go around before we ever get to the guns debate and I am well aware of that. That being said, I go back to the two questions I posed in my previous comment: How do we revamp mental health and what level of firepower does a private citizen really need?

I agree with most of what you've said here with a few small exceptions. You have me terribly mischaracterized about gun ownership. I have not called for anything pertaining to gun control but as I've said over and over we need to address the two issues at hand that seem to be the two corresponding factors in these mass shootings: mental health and assault weapons.