According to ESPN, Oregon would be favored over us in a head to head matchup..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Nov 6, 2007.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I would like to be ESPN's bookie.

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I've watched Oregon a couple of times. They're pretty good. But I just can't take them serious as a championship contender. I fear no duck.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

bcs bowl results is likely the only way to compare. half the freaking 120 d1 teams go to a bowl game. sometimes sub-500 teams go to bowls. I know troy did in the new orleans bowl with a 5-6 record and got drilled.

exactly. they will see if the game is actually played that they are quite incorrect.

1 person likes this.
  4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

If the 12 game schedule is permanent (and I think it is), the NCAA needs to change the bowl eligible criteria to 7 wins.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yes, those, excluding Notre Dame's sweet deal that won't be enough to parlay a BCS appearance this year, :hihi: are the most valid. Because of the BCS pairings, it pulls the top teams out of given conferences and skews the other bowl games though. Sometimes it's not the true #2 SEC team, etc. I'm sure you're aware of that but since it will be the next thing some warrior tosses out. :)

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

some of the non-bcs bowl games are just as valid. so maybe we should do it by date, say dec 30th or whenever the more meaningful bowl games begin. i dont remember offhand.

also, the only reason I count notre dame in the bcs bowls is because it helps us. :lol: