According to ESPN, Oregon would be favored over us in a head to head matchup..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Nov 6, 2007.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Jimmy the Greek, is that you?? :hihi::hihi:

1 person likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

What a joke. Oregon is a great OFFENSIVE team. That's it. Their defense is average, at best. They lost to 2 loss Cal at home, remember?

They're like Kentucky. Can they beat us? Sure. But they wouldn't 'light our defense up' and they'd have to play better than they've played all year to beat us.

3. deathvalleymike

deathvalleymike Founding Member

Perhaps u mean Jimmy the Roman??

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

<--- Ok, I'm dyslexic. I read this as Orgeron would be favored over LSU. Like what's going on. Is Lou Holtz's altzheimers contagious. :shock: Ok, so it's Oregon. I'll go back to my room now. :D

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I dont know who wins or loses, but there is no way they would be favored in a game in New Orleans assuming we each win out. We would be a 3 point favor at least.

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Anyone remember the betting lines for our game against Oklahoma or Miami? :yelwink2:

1 person likes this.
  7. TigerinAustin

TigerinAustin Founding Member

Fair points all - but for reference - the article does say that the SEC is the stronger conference overall - but that the PAC 10 matches up well in the top 2 slots and that the SEC pulls away with the remaining 8 spots.

This isn't entirely invalid - the idea is that the SEC is so tough year in year out because of the depth (just look at our potential 10-11 team bowling turnout this year for the evidence).

My best friend here is a Duck so I watch both teams on most saturdays and I love our chances in a low-mistake game. Dixon would probably not be quite as effective keeping the ball as Tebow against us, but our secondary would certainly be tested.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

there is absolutely no way oregon would be favored over LSU on a neutral field. Likely not even in autzen. probably a pick 'em.

LSU would be at least a 3 pt favorite on a neutral field and 6+ in new orleans.

dont believe the espn idiots. they know not what they speak but this isnt anything new.

9. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

I don't give crap what ESPN says. Bring em on. We can play em wherever, whenever. I don't care if we play them at Zion Hill Church with shirts and skins. I am tired of letting ESPN and all media dictate who we should think would win a game. I can make my own decisions. I choose LSU over any team in the nation. PERIOD.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The "Bowl eligible" argument for any conference's strength is horse chit. All but one of the Big 10 conference and 7 of the 10 PAC teams could very well be too, this year. Winning 6 games doesn't indicate a "Good" team, especially with three of four OOC games usually being rent-a-wins in the SEC.