According to ESPN, LSU's chances at special success this season went way up after Saturday night

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 3, 2019.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

My gut says we win by 2 touchdowns as well. But my head says it’s a FG game one way or the other.

I just hope the refs don’t leave their shit stain on the final score

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I hope you’re right. We’ll see. Herman’s no dummy and he’s good at getting his team up to play the big game.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Well right now, he is teaching a QB to be a running back. Out of 5 scholarship RB's, Texas has 1 available for Saturday and that one was dinged up in camp. I kinda like Herman, but he did literally say that this does not change their game plan for the Tigers. Well, it already did when he tapped a freshman QB on the shoulder and asked him to run the ball. This week.

Sam will Sam, but Sam must absolutely and without any doubt, beat us with his arm. Quick stat for Sam from last year:

No pressure, 71.7% completion, 19 TD's, 2 INT's...113.5 NFL rating
    Under Pressure: 44.4% completion, 6 TD's, 3 INT's and 71.6 NFL Rating

Folks can say what they wanna say about the schedule they played, but I KNOW he has never, in his natural life span, seen a defense to the likes of the one he will see Saturday night. His worst nightmare is coming to town.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I expect our defense maybe to have a few lapses, our offense sputtering more than last week. But our D will mostly neutralize their QB, our STs will give us an edge, and our offense will still turn in enough of an improvement in the passing game to put us up 10+. It’s weird to say, I’m more worried about our run game than our pass game. Will the pass game open up their D so our RBs can hit a homer or three? Nobody pulled a Fournette/Guice last week.

5. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

It's that one. Texas is ranked number 9 partially because they're a blue blood team and partially so the media could say that this game would be a top 10 matchup. Yes, they beat a Georgia who really didn't want to play last year and have a rising star of a coach. They also lost 4 games, a couple to thoroughly unimpressive teams, and are another injury away from literally not having a healthy running back who is actually a runningback.

aka "Texas is back", again.

ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Watched some clips of Ehlinger, dude looks pretty good. He’s got a cannon and is pretty accurate and mobile enough to be respected. Coupled with Herman... Might be tougher than I thought.

7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

This is more of a trivial point, but if you’re referring to defensive talent, he did face Georgia last year. They played probably their worst game of the year, but he’s seen talent. The key is O getting the team fired up for the big game like he did last year against Georgia.

8. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Look caca ... You ain’t foolin’ no one ☝️

But I like how you think ... LSU 52-17

P.S.
    Herman is Oeaux’s Dummy and it will be proven on Saturday.

P.P.S. - If your gut says we win by 2 TDs then Oeaux hit the brakes and coasted ...
    possible but 38-17 is the worst we do

If your head says we win or lose by a FG, then eat some boudin and a six pack of Testex

9. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Exactamundo . Only great teams wear the swagger and go out and prove it . We not great . Impressive yes , great, no

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Remains to be seen.

ParadiseiNC likes this.