According to ESPN, LSU's chances at special success this season went way up after Saturday night

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 3, 2019.

1. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Oeaux did a diatribe on GSU as a good team:
    A) 10 wins last season
    B) Their conference champs
    C) Huge rush numbers against good teams
    D) Elusive Quality QB
    E) Held Clemson scoreless in first 3 poss in the 2018 game last year
    F) Recent history took GA to OT
    G) Year before that BEAT FLORIDA

I watched GSU hold Clemson scoreless in the time it took LSU to hang 28-0 on them

52-17 LSU over Texas ... It’s coming and you’ll Thank God we hired Oeaux...

Oeaux taps the brakes early (mercy) and uses Myles and second string and it’s 38-17

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2019
  2. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

This Saturdays scrimmage and all the other ones will just be tune up games and routs
    until THE GAME ...

400 yards of offense by your star QB in one half ... School record TDs thrown in a game Passes to TEs (for TDs) ... Screen passes ... Twilight Zone crap in Death Valley

And you still don’t believe ... Saban truly has beaten your football brains out and taken your spirit ... or ... There’s something in the water you drink that makes a football brain work backwards ... You near any Frackers up there in Colo

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2019
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I don't share your level of confidence in this rout you think you're going to see Saturday.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

52-17 is a bit much.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I agree that it may not be a skull dragging, but I also believe using the old adage that with this defense, all we need is an offense that will not lose us games. I think we have way more than that and certainly enough to be comfortable with the eyes of Texas are gonna get a full dose of LSU in their house

Bengal B and 65Grad like this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

Part of what makes college football so special and so much fun is there are many games in which you can throw stats and records out the window. But generally when I am attempting the impossible (trying to predict a winner or even attempt to gamble on a line) I look at these few factors (in no particular order):

1) Line of scrimmage
    2) Quarterback play
    3) Coaching
    4) Home field

Out of conference matchups are even more difficult to breakdown. Obviously we don't have home field advantage, but who would you give the advantage in the other 3 categories? Because I truly think it comes down to the trenches, the QB and the coaching.

Our offensive line concerns me.

COTiger likes this.
  7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Hell, I just hope I will have power to watch the game. LSU’s success when I don’t watch live, but rely on DVR, is epic!

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I’m not familiar enough with Texas but I’m confident our D line will more than hold its own. If the O line can keep Jeaux upright I think we at least tie at QB. Concerned about Elinger’s Tebow size though.
    I see the coaching as a draw or better if O gives Aranda,E and Brady freedom. I think he has been a good enough in game coach and don’t see Herman as having much more than a reputation so far.
    I feel good about this game.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

I too feel good about this game (which might be why I feel like I should be worried)

Line of Scrimmage: I agree, I give the nod on Defense to LSU, but on offense I’m not convinced, so I’ll say - Even

QB: Different styles, but from what we’ve seen thus far I’ll give Ehlinger the nod here. He has more experience in his current system at the college level - Texas

Coaching: Defensive coaching goes to LSU. Offensive coaching goes to Texas. So again, I’ll say - Even

Which leaves home field advantage - Texas

Unless Texas is just overrated I don’t understand how LSU is a 6.5 favorite and I feel that if Texas is as good as advertised they should be favored to win this game.

I believe LSU has more players on our roster that will be playing on Sundays, but outside of games against Bama, when do we not.....

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

State pride, grit and coaching wins this one. I like us in this one for those reasons Tigers by 15 points.

Chipeace and lsu-i-like like this.