About Yourself

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Mr. Peabody, May 4, 2005.

1. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I like boudin and cracklins

2. sportsnote

sportsnote Freshman

i speak with charles hanagriff about lsu every thursday morning

and yes.. i am spam (smiling)

3. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I was born in Shreveport September 1961 .

My Mom was a English/Spanish Teacher and my Dad was a High School Football Coach and later Principal of a high school in the Bossier City area. They are both retired and live on a lake north of town.

I never thought of us as poor but i guess looking back we didnt have alot of money . But people just didnt have as much back then . We had hand me down clothes and lived in a 2 bedroom house but it will always be considered my home. We had love and alot of family nearby in my dad's sisters and their families .

I have 1 brother who is 13 months older . We competed at every sport and constantly argued . Neither of us played sports after the 7th grade other than being on the swim team because my parents made the mistake of starting us in school at the age of 4. Always at least a year behind the rest of the kids in developing. They talked about holding us back a year in the 3rd grade but decided against it. I was 17 still when i entered college.

Due to this probably grew up immature but never had a problem with grades.

Spent just about every summer in Michigan on my grandparents farm until high school.

My brother and i grew up on sports fields and going to every sporting event with my dad. Worst time of my life was when my brother got taken on the train with my dad to an LSU game when i was 4 and i got to see freakin Bambi. I cried the whole weekend. It still pisses me off and it was 40 years ago.

We grew up listening to LSU on the radio on Sat. nights and will never forget Charlie Mac . I have loved LSU ever since and will till the day i die.

Played Saxophone in the band and was football manager and baseball manager in high school. Used to get football team ready for game then go home and polish band buttons and go to game with band. March at halftime and then go down on field to work with team .

When it came time for College me and my brother both worked our way through Northeast Louisiana University as football managers. I will explain sometime the duties of a football manager in college. We put in 60 to 70 hours a week during the season and 40 to 50 during the offseason.

When i hear people say they didnt have enough money for college it pisses me off because me and my brother paid our way by working our butts off.

No knock but most of you people have no idea what goes on to make a football team operate. Next time you see a LSU football manager thank them for their hard work. I can gaurantee you they work their tails off for no recognition.

Moved to Dallas after graduating college in 84 . Lived there for 5 years and then moved to Houston for 5 years . Transferred back to Dallas with my company and then transferred to San Fran bay area for my company in 2001.
    I have just recently been laid off because we lost our contract . The company we contracted with bought a company that did what we did for them .

In 2002 met my wife here falling in love with a liberal Democrat. I am a conservative Republican. We dont talk politics much . Other than that we get along really well. I have turned her into an LSU fan and for a wedding gift she bought me a trip to see the Tigers open against Northeast in 2003. Her first trip to La. It was over Labor Day so we took in New Orleans as well.

I didnt realize how much i missed La. until that weekend. I was back in the humidity and i felt right back at home . She was not doing as well. She has agreed to retire to the Baton Rouge area if we stay here in Cal. till then.

I am sort of a goofball. I can be serious but i very rarely go to my friends house without my fart machine.

I have Diabetes and in my last Doctor visit i was told i will not live to be an old man if i dont change my ways . Sort of woke me up so i am trying to do better.

Hobbies are watching all sports, golf, music, travelling,

No kids but have 2 cats. Would like to have dogs but dont have the room right now because we both love big dogs . Got married at 41 and 38 so we decided against kids.

We host a Church home group and are researching other ways to volunteer through the church . I was raised Catholic but attend the Presbyterian church with my wife. It is really a great church that helps people. It raised 380,000 dollars so far for helping with Katrina / Rita help.

I try to live the golden rule. Consider myself a good person with good values but am always a work in progress.

I get a lot of enjoyment out of being a member of Tiger Forums and look forward to talking LSU with you people for years to come.

Geaux Tigers

4. MemphisLSUTiger

MemphisLSUTiger Founding Member

Awesome Thread. I always wonder who the people on the forum really are.

I am 30 years old. Born and raised in Houma, and happen to be a blood relative of LSU Supafan.

I have 2 brothers and 1 sister, all sill live in Houma. Parents both alive and well and still hapilly married after 30+ years.

Myself, I am pretty much a sports geek. I have always loved LSU sports, the Saints, and the Chicago Cubs.

After college, I worked for 2 years in a psych hospital before moving to Shreveport for medical school. I am now a surgery resident in Memphis and do cancer research at St. Jude Children's Hospital.

Even though it gets busy, I still manage to get to few LSU games each year.
    Big fan of the forum, its comforting to know that I'm not the only paranoid, bordeline psychotic LSU fan.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Im currently living in London. I absolutely love it. But it's the most expensive damn city that I've ever lived in.

I've spent the past four and half going on five years in Dallas and loved it.

I didn't go to LSU although sometimes I wish I had. I went to SMU for different reasons.

I'm a music Junkie although you will find me listening to the same bands over and over again. My favorite bands are Led Zeppelin, Cream, The Who, The Beatles, and The Rolling Stones. I think Exile on Main Street and Sgt Pepper's are the two best albums ever made.

I love to travel and have seen almost every major league team you could name play in their home ballpark. I've probably been to nearly all of the 50 biggest cities in the US.

My favorite city in the world is Santa Fe, New Mexico. If you haven't been, I suggest you go. It's one of the few very very unique cities in the US.

I am a staunch Republican and would consider myself very conservative.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Peabody, what color Hummer do you drive? I need to watch out for you on the road. I'd hate to be the one that kills you. :grin:

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I just got back from London and Ireland. My wifes sister lives in northern England and we went to visit her for the holidays. You are right it is expensive but we had a great time. Saw London for a couple of days and rode the London Eye. Buckingham Palace, Tower of London , Westminister Abbey, St Pauls Cathedral , 10 Downing street and Parliament.

Then traveled to Cork Ireland to visit friends. Saw the Titanic last port in Cobh and St. Charles Fort. Then went to Dublin and saw Dublin Castle, Guiness Factory, Christ Church, St . Patricks Cathedral, Dublinia , Brazen Head Pub , and hit alot of the pubs.

If you havnt done it already i reccommend going on the London Eye but you should get the Discovery flight and prebook.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Born 60 years ago in Baton Rouge. Graduate of Istrouma High it had one of the best football teams in the country under the legendary "Little" Fuzz Brown. After two years in business college and 4 years in the Air Force I enrolled at LSU and graduated in 1972 with a degree in History.

After another stint in the Air Force where I earned a master's degree in Public Administration, I worked as a district executive for the Boy Scouts in Virginia. Returned to Louisiana and entered Notre Dame Seminary in New Orleans. After receiving a Master of Divinity degree I decided not to enter the priesthood. Became a Probation and Parole Agent. While with the state, I joined the Air Force Reserve and became the historian for the 926 Fighter Wing in Belle Chasse. I recently retired from the Air Force Reserve and from the state of Louisiana.

Favorite music is standards (particularly Sinatra, Crosby and Nat King Cole), traditional country and classical.

9. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yeah I've done the Eye a couple of times now. It is the best way to really see how large the city is. It also has incredibly picturesque views of Big Ben during the day.

Haven't been to Ireland yet, but would like to. I understand Dublin is a great place...

10. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

I'm Jason, 22, born and raised in BamaTown, AL... I'm 5'10'', 175 lbs.

I didn't play HS football because I didn't make the grades and my father made me quit.

I played HS basketball for 2 months before I quit...Biggest mistake of my life.

I'm a HUGE football fan but my real love is for basketball...:thumb:

I've played in a pick-up game with Gerald Wallace and Mo Williams :D

I broke my leg in a church basketball game 2 weeks before my local CC tryouts. Prothro break. Still have a rod and 2 pins in it.

I've been dating the same chick for 1.5 years. I've blown my previous 8 month record away.

I have a younger brother, 18, who is 6'5'', 210 that has no athletic ability what-so-ever and that pisses me off. :po:

My uncle is paralyzed from the chest down (very little movement of arms) and he's like my best friend. I often stay with him and do my part to help my grandparents.

My favorite car is a BMW M3, or a Toyota Supra.

I am terrified of roaches and spiders. I even have to get someone else to kill them for me, usually my GF.

I have a thing for blondes, yet I'll prolly have a brunette the rest of my life.

I'm a boob guy so it works out great though that my GF has 32D's. :hihi:

I wear Abercrombie and Fitch religiously...Any other brand was given to me.

I like Bama, the Steelers, the Cubs, and the Knicks.

***I've never had real cajun food.*** :bncry:

I have a weakness for hot wings...

Bud Light...Nothing other!

I will always love the Crimson Tide! Roll Tide Roll! :thumb: