About Yourself

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Mr. Peabody, May 4, 2005.

1. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love threads like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a female, I am 50 years old and have been married to the same man for 28 years. We have two children who are both married, my son and his wife live in Anderson, South Carolina. That is the same town that the movie Radio is about. My daughter and her husband live in Brookhaven, Mississippi.

Me and my husband live in Columbia, Mississippi, I work at a kindergarden/day care. My husband works offshore, we have no grandchildren yet, but I do have two grandpuppies.

I grew up in Houma, Louisiana, we moved to Mississippi 26 years ago. I have a brother who still lives in Houma.

I have always been a LSU! fan, when we moved to Mississippi 26 years ago I caught a lot of crap about it and I still do. But that is ok too.

We are also Nascar fans and we go to Dega every year, this past year I also flew to Dover, and then right before Katrina hit we went to Bristol. We are planning to go to Charlotte in May and we will go to Dega in October.

I will always be a LSU! fan and it is really fun sometimes living in Mississippi and being a fan of another state.

:tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas:

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Update:

August 31, 2006. Career change. My office is now on LSU's campus. Accepted a network analyst position within the LSU AgCenter.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Buy me lunch and I'll give you the secret handshake. :wink:

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Something about that suggestion just doesn't seem right!

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Congrats.

6. OkieTigerTK

Might as well add a few things.

I am a natural blonde, and just like batgirl, have blonde moments. Sometimes it's blonde days.

Still have two Weimaraners, although one from my first post in the thread is no longer with us, but another one is. I still can't imagine life without a gray dog. (Or two.)

I will vote come hell or high water, but for the first time in a long time, I didn't work or volunteer for any campaigns this year. There just weren't any candidates I thought were worthy of my time and energy. I don't know if that says more about the slate of candidates, or me. On the voting no matter what.... One time an election was just a few days after I had reconstructive surgery on my knee. I could barely get out of bed but made my husband help me into the car (I had to lay down in the back seat and keep my leg propped up even though the polling place is only a couple of miles away), help me in to vote, and then get me back home. He and I almost always vote for different candidates, and I was determined to cancel out his vote, even if it killed me to do it.

I don't really like to shop. If I need clothes, I go get what I need and get out of the store. I don't understand women that make shopping a social activity. My big downfall on spending money is things for the kitchen.

7. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also vote Okie, it don't matter what it is for, if you don't vote then you can't gripe about anything. I also hate to shop.

8. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

:lol: you chicks and gradin99 should get together to watch oprah and dr. phil sometime. maybe even paint each others nails...

9. OkieTigerTK

Except for some of of females don't watch Oprah or Dr. Phil. However, I do paint my toe nails.....

Can he paint my nails while I watch a football or baseball game? :lol:

10. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

35 years old, happily married for 13, two great kids (Allison 11, Andrew 8)

Conservative Rep, Church on Sunday mornings when I'm not working

4 year old spoiled rotten prima donna female Golden Retriever (Dutchess) who will only go outside for "restroom breaks" and hates water, she must be dragged out onto wet grass for her "breaks".

Hooters, Couyons BBq, and Superior Grill

Diet Dr. Pepper/can only, Sweet iced tea, Miller Lt, Beam/Coke occasionally

Once smoked Marlboro Lt Menthol, haven't had one since January

I love deer hunting/fishing but haven't done either for several years, marsh fishing sucks (stinks/bugs)

Biggest regret is leaving LSU after 2 years and not finishing degree

Hobbies now are watching my kids play sports and LSU athletics

I hate reality tv, I love FOXNews, I hate CNN

I played tenor sax in HS and for one season in TigerBand ('89)
    Bought a new sax earlier this year, been practicing

Baton Rouge drivers are the worst in the country

Last year I made second trip to NYC/Pennsylvannia Amish country, Philadelphia, Washington DC. Got a White House and Capitol tour. Virginia and Pennsylvania are awesome, DC sucks, crack everywhere

Showers, not baths, Old Spice/Drakkar

My favorite ice cream was the Eagle Brand vanilla but I can't find it now or they don't make it anymore, now it's Blue Bell's banana split ice cream

Community Coffee or River Road (bro-in-law works there)

Played football in middle school until I broke my left collar bone in 8th grade

My wife is an aide/paraprofessional at a Livingston Parish school, she organizes a weekly morning bible study for students at her elementary school