A View of Global Warming

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Jan 4, 2018.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well Science is science and a lot of the time, it changes as much as people claim the climate changes...

Try not to take the extreme on this issue. In understanding creationist, understand that the principle behind it is that of "God" set things in motion. As in setting the big bang in motion. I mean, we can have an entire other thread on this, but when the bible was written in the original Hebrew language, it outlined a circular, "sphere" earth.

However in any case, religion and the bible were created by man and as you know, we have flaws. Just as science is performed by man.

I can easily point to retards on the left who still think the Earth is flat.

And the "green" energy sector is big government $$$. Goes both ways. You have to at least acknowlege this.

The overwhelmingly counter argument to "climate" change has always been, "how much of my tax dollars will save the Earth". Not a single fucking scientist has answered and can answer. AND, not a single set of data can accurately predict the climate per % CO2 change. All the models have been wrong AND all the models use man made DATA...

See above. Green industry does the same fucking thing. Tesla would not be a company if not for the US government. Same for Oil.

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

that's why I wrote, "there's a lot of evidence pointing to man-made climate change, but it's still a developing theory and no one knows for sure, no one,..
    I think we see eye to eye on this,.. I'd describe myself as a cosmic creationist who believes in the evolution of species on earth,.. I was thinking of wacko creationists, irrational extremists, like those thinking fossils were planted as an evil plot
    readily, I don't think we should believe anyone, both sides have money at stake
    I don't care about how much tax dollars, gotta do what needs to be done. That said, little is going to be done, too much money involved,.. we've still got a hundred more years of debate ahead of us.

Big money protects it's interests,.. in England natural gas magnates prevented street lights from being converted to electricity,.. for 75 years after America converted.

:D my big post above was because kiki called people stupid [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So they traded clean Nat gas for electricity from coal. Nice.

4. GiantDuckFan

Lol,.. it was cheaper, they had to pay people to light and extinguish the gas street lamps every day

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Statistic nerds, help me out with the statistics referenced in this article about how the recent cold spell was a freak of nature and not attributed to climate change.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-cold-snap-freak-nature-quick-analysis-finds-140502572.html

The study by the World Weather Attribution analyzed weather records dating back to 1880 and found the cold weather that hit a swath of the U.S. from Maine to Minnesota tends to happen once every 250 years. In the early 1900s, it happened about once every 17 years. Climate change has made such cold spells less common and less intense, the group said.

Analyzing 138 years of data it is concluded that this type of cold spell occurs ever 250 years? How can the answer be greater than the time period used in the analysis? And it was previously calculated to happen every 17 years.I guess this data was ignored.

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Veteran Member

If global warming due to carbon dioxide was real all World governments would have already banned deforestation and they would be planting trees like crazy. Is that happening? No.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I don’t know, but I expect they looked at average temperature and how often an extreme event occurred. As the average changes, there is something in the data that suggest the frequency of extreme events is proportional to an increase in average temp.

8. GiantDuckFan

you'd think so, but there's the stupidity of greed,.. and big money is more powerful than governments

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I'm with peepeecaca still.

10. GiantDuckFan

well, that's it then, life on earth's fucked