A Tribute To My Tiger Boo

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CalcoTiger, Dec 12, 2020.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Today their is a hole in my heart. I had to say goodbye to my Golden Tabby of 18 years named Tiger Boo,

Me and my wife dont have children and got married when i was 40. My family and hers had always been animal lovers and 1 year into our marriage we went to Morgan Hill Cat Sanctuary and there was a huge barn area where their were hundreds of cats. My parents were in from Louisiana and me and my dad were standing behind this row of chairs and this golden orange tabby came over and jumped in the chair in front of me. He rolled over and gave me his belly and started purring.

He was a year old and my choice was made. We were together pretty much every day for 18 years. Being a Tiger fan their was only one name for him. With his sister of 12 years named Dixie Lou who we still have. They never had a problem with each other and were very close.
    Tiger Boo loved being outside and sleeping in our lounge chairs for hours and hours. He was the kindest hearted cat i have ever seen. He loved to get under the Christmas tree amongst the presents. He never once scratched anyone. When kids would come to our house he would let them pet him and when he had enough he would go under our bed.

When i walk in the door after being somewhere the first thing me or my wife would do was go in and love on our kitties. They were worth looking forward to coming home to every day of my life we have them

It is so strange having to make the decision to end his life when all you want is to love on him. But as pet owners when you know it is time and you have to do what is best for your animal it breaks your heart. How do you explain to your cat that you are ending his life.

Due to Covid 19 they would only let 1 person in the room with Tiger. They made us stay in the car while they took him and installed the catheter that they would use. Then they came and got me and took me to the room. They brought tiger in wrapped in a blanket and i asked if my wife could come in and they said no but i could take him out in front for her to see him one last time. We both broke down and she said her goodbyes and i headed back inside to the room.

They gave me a button to press when i was ready for the doctor to come in. I took about 10 to 15 minutes just loving on him . He was so brave and it was time as he meowed softly . I touched the button and the doctor came. She explained she would give anesthesia first and he would sleep then she would stop his heart. He was laying on his right side with his head up and as she put the first dose he slowly dropped his head on my arm. Then she gave the second dose and within a minute his heart had stopped and my Tiger is with God and his family in heaven.

I dont think i will ever forget that moment as long as i live and i just cried for awhile.I rubbed his ears cause he liked that and i told him i loved him. When we returned home we were lost as there was no Tiger to go and greet and love on. Now it is just Dixie Lou with us.

As much pain as i am in now i wouldn't trade not having that wonderful creature in my life and i have so many wonderful memories of him.
    I will miss him every day and i will keep him in my heart. He is with God and my family in heaven.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Sorry for your loss. Pets are more than just possessions. They’re your children and part of your family

Frogleg, CalcoTiger and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Sorry, man. I’ve got three 14 1/2 year old corgis. Their time is drawing nigh. I dread it immensely.

CalcoTiger likes this.
  4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I'm sorry for your kids Calco. That was a touching tribute. I'll keep y'all in my prayers.

CalcoTiger likes this.
  5. CalcoTiger

It is the hardest thing i have ever done in my life., But i know he isnt in pain anymore and is in heaven with my family.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it’s terrible to give them up. prayers as your family grieves

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

People who love animals are a net positive in my world. In time you will have another. And you should.

Bengal B, GiantDuckFan and shane0911 like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

My brother's wife is a cat lady. The last of her 3 cats died recently and she said she wasn't going to get another cat. I sent her a link to the Flippery Fish commercial. I was over there today and she said it looks like a lot of fun.

Odds are she gets another cat soon.

CalcoTiger likes this.
  9. CalcoTiger

our other cat would love this. I might have to order 1 for her.

We will give it some time but we will probably get another one to keep Dixie company.

Let the pain go away some so we can have a place for a new one.

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Those fish are stupid. It's a $20 bill on a hook. But then, cats are finicky that way. What works for 1 may not for another. Got zero attention here.

Sorry for your loss. I'm not a cat person, though I tolerate them, but I respect the love for a pet and understand the loss.