A public service announcement to anti-vaxxers

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Oct 24, 2021.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Trumps can't catch a break. The left blames him for the spread of the virus and the right blames him for the vaccine.

But we have learned two things recently. There is not federal govt solution to stopping the spread of COVID. The vaccines don't work nearly as well as intended and they don't stop the spread.

onceanlsufan and fanatic like this.
  2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

The vaccines keep people out of the hospital.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Yes they do and I’m vaxed and boostered. However they have fallen far short of what was predicted. I don’t blame Trump, Biden, Fauci or the vaccine producers. Nor do I blame the anti Vader’s. It shows that a novel disease isn’t so easily conquered as it will mutate faster than we can adjust. I think we (humanity) have done a remarkable job dealing with it. We’ve created the vaccines ( as imperfect as they are) and multiple treatments that have reduced mortality and morbidity significantly....better than ant previous occurrences.
    The tragedy is how politicized it has become. There are no clean hands either republican or democrat.

kluke likes this.
  4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Good health keeps people out of the hospital. Vaccine on unhealthy people keep them out.

unhealthy and unvaccinated are close to death. These are the things we know.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Not true

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

And we are to believe why?

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

idk, its obvious?

8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

There is nothing novel about this disease. I've been telling you people for months that vaccines don't stop infections. Never have!!. Even with smallpox, people still caught the disease, but the vaccine blocked it from progressing to the pustule stage where it is most contagious. Polio as well. In fact, I would bet there are still pockets of polio in the US .. but you'd have to do a fecal sample on every person in the US to assess such, as polio is primarily a gut virus and is spread by fecal matter.

But I do agree with you .. politics is bad for medicine. Any time Politics and Science mix, science will lose.

9. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Yep. When AIDS broke out in the '80s, we were unsure of how it spread. Conservatives had no problem with a government-ordered quarantine. But now that it's Covid-19 they scream bloody murder at the thought of distancing, masks, and vaccines.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

An Arapaho Indian friend of mine would dub you "heap big smoke no fire". All talk no do in other words.