A prediction on Trump and his policies

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Nov 12, 2016.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Ah, the biggest con of all. Trump convincing you that he can't be bought.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe the Mexicans will pay for a wall....to keep their own citizens from returning to Mexico

mobius481 likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

He's already beat HRC. What more needs to be done? I already started a thread on him changing his positions. We all knew this going in. The true con was that HRC cared about anyone but herself.

4. mobius481

In case you didn't know, I've been on the record for months about how bad a candidate HRC is so I'm not a fan. My problem is that I don't believe you can appropriately lead the country just based off of your "personality" or "force of will". You have to have a cohesive policy and positions that you've thought out and are confident in. You have to be able to navigate the gray areas of domestic and international politics rather than live in the black and white. I honestly don't think Trump thinks about anything in any level of depth and that notion is supported by some who have worked with him in the past.

So basically, what you're now saying is that we have no idea what he will do as president and that's okay because he's not hillary. I understand she's awful but the Breitbarts, youngcons, chicksontheright, libertynews, and other batshit crazy websites have you convinced that she was going to have an auction and sell us to the highest bidder. Remember, one of the most prosperous periods in our country's history was during Bill Clinton's administration. I didn't support Clinton but that is a fact.

I think the problem is that you were faced with all sorts of evidence as to why a Clinton presidency would be worst but totally ignored why a Trump presidency will be a total garbage. I really hope I'm wrong but I think he'll go down as the least effective president ever.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You make very good points @mobius481. Those are the very reasons I couldn't support Trump. In addition he still seems to not understand or maybe care about all the intricacies and demands of the office. Apparently he's only taken a couple of the daily security briefings prepared for him. There are and have been many other warning signs too.
    Despite these failings I'm less concerned with him in office than her. First off, if he's a train wreck he'll be out in at most four years. His damage will be superficial as his position is only personal. In reality the Rs only support him because he won and the extremists are so disorganized and ephemeral that they provide no deep rooted base.
    HRC on the other hand is corrosive to our body politic. Her extreme pay for play corruption and cronyism would undermine the very institutions we depend on to continue our political system. Look at the deep drop in contributions to the Clinton Foundation since she lost. What was she promising? You tie her and her husband's presidency together. Why? She has proven to be incompetent in managing organizations and policies. Look at her time as SOS. she had little to do with Bill's success other than 'standing by her man'.
    Worst of all she had the backing of the totally corrupt DNC. They spared no dirty tricks on Bernie to win the nomination and were trying as hard as possible to cheat her way into the Presidency.
    There is no reason to be soft on Trump. He is a dangerous leader but not one who can do the damage she could have.

mobius481 likes this.
  6. mobius481

I can't dispute anything you said regarding hillary. She was an awful person and candidate. The reason I brought up Bill Clinton's presidency is that they have very similar beliefs with respect to governing. I was not suggesting she would bring us prosperous times if she became president.

But this brings me to another point. I can totally respect your opinion about how poor of a candidate she would be and that Donald Trump, while also not a good candidate, will not be as bad. What frustrates me is the people who talk about what a great candidate he is and how great he'll be for America and then when presented with an argument as to why he'll be terrible, an argument that quite frankly is hard to refute, they run behind the tried and true "Hillary would be worse". If you like the guy (not you but a general you), then own it and explain to me why he'll be a good candidate. But don't celebrate like you won the lottery when he wins or even when a strong poll comes out and then say you don't really like him.

I would have been less unhappy if Hillary won but I certainly wouldn't be celebrating it as I'm sure you're not celebrating Trump win. It's more of an "okay, at least the other guy didn't win" type of response.

But back to your post. I've read the same about the briefings and I'll say it again. He never wanted, and still doesn't want to be president. He wants to be called president. It's the most powerful position in the world and is why he covets it. It's going to be interesting in a year or so when he hates living in the white house. We are in for some unprecedented times and I predict Trump will spend by far more time away from Washington than any other president ever has. This will create a lot of issues and is why I think he'll be totally ineffective.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

8. mobius481

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I don't think you guys read the article at all.

Further. It's an article. Not law.

What is it you Guys said about obamacare? We gotta pass it first guys.

10. mobius481

The tax article? It's an article about his proposed policy. It's very relevant.