A&M's Johnny Football is better than Cam Newton...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Oct 18, 2012.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

However, I would bet JM is player that will get better week to week, and certainly year to year barring the unforeseen massive collision that ends his season/s. I am glad LSU played them in Oct and not Nov or Dec. It is good for them that they played Alabama the week after LSU..............Nick Saban WILL NOT let that happen again. I predict next year you will see "uh-oh" personal fouls on him as he will get hit almost every play............he is the kind of guy that must worry about the guy that WILL HIT him eveytime.....if they can.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's gonna be harder to go up from Heisman trophy winning freshman with great stats than its gonna be for him to drop off the map.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Not sure he will see much drop off..............check the wr's (they are huge) he has coming in. My point is I think he will make fewer mistakes that turn into game changing events. He probably won't come close to winning Heisman again..................I am much more worried about beating A&M with him as the QB for the next 2 or 3 years, as is the rest of the SEC.
    Lets hope someone steals his OC who will not wear a bunch of A&M garb on the sidelines...........ever notice that???

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I guess we will see, I don't remember a player playing better in the season or seasons after they win the Heisman.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

A&M looks to have both OT and the OC out after this year, the RB (Michael) and very good WR's Nwachukwu and Swope. On the other side of the ball, 7 Sr's and a very good chance of Moore leaving. Thats a bunch of talent leaving, they will feel it.

Like I said, LSU played him well, the match-ups favored LSU. Chief played JM well. No TD passes and 3 Ints, great day for the Tigers.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm not afraid at all of playing him the next 2 - 3 years. We handled him just fine. Bama may need to worry, however.

Contained Chaos likes this.
  7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Neither of those games was so definitive one way or the other that I think it very hard to predict what the future holds. One thing A&M has is a pretty consistent QB that plays in a definite, offensive game plan designed to score points. The only consistency at LSU based on the last two games for sure, is inconsistency.

8. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Freshman

"LSU is the fastest D I've seen in 2012."
    Johnny Football

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, score points, 19 pts. against LSU and 17 against Fla. Once again, no TD passes with LSU or Fla.

10. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Wanna make a bet for next year????(Based on the way he plays, IS THERE ANYWAY you can predict anything?) You really want to draw ANY conclusions about HIS FIRST COLLEGE GAME???? Both of those games were VERY close, WHO CARES if he does not throw a TD pass but still wins the football game? Do you think Les Miles cares if his QB throws a TD pass in a game he wins??? BTW, check the number of Texas recruits for 2013 LSU has right now.........................0. His effect is starting to gain traction, LSU just lost that really tall WR they need so badly.