A&M's Johnny Football is better than Cam Newton...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Oct 18, 2012.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I guess we will see, I don't remember a player playing better in the season or seasons after they win the Heisman.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

A&M looks to have both OT and the OC out after this year, the RB (Michael) and very good WR's Nwachukwu and Swope. On the other side of the ball, 7 Sr's and a very good chance of Moore leaving. Thats a bunch of talent leaving, they will feel it.

Like I said, LSU played him well, the match-ups favored LSU. Chief played JM well. No TD passes and 3 Ints, great day for the Tigers.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm not afraid at all of playing him the next 2 - 3 years. We handled him just fine. Bama may need to worry, however.

Contained Chaos likes this.
  4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Neither of those games was so definitive one way or the other that I think it very hard to predict what the future holds. One thing A&M has is a pretty consistent QB that plays in a definite, offensive game plan designed to score points. The only consistency at LSU based on the last two games for sure, is inconsistency.

5. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

"LSU is the fastest D I've seen in 2012."
    Johnny Football

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, score points, 19 pts. against LSU and 17 against Fla. Once again, no TD passes with LSU or Fla.

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Wanna make a bet for next year????(Based on the way he plays, IS THERE ANYWAY you can predict anything?) You really want to draw ANY conclusions about HIS FIRST COLLEGE GAME???? Both of those games were VERY close, WHO CARES if he does not throw a TD pass but still wins the football game? Do you think Les Miles cares if his QB throws a TD pass in a game he wins??? BTW, check the number of Texas recruits for 2013 LSU has right now.........................0. His effect is starting to gain traction, LSU just lost that really tall WR they need so badly.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

So because of Johnny Football LSU has no Tx players? LSU is shutout in Tx due to him? Sorry, but go somewhere else with that. The whole state of Tx.? I'm in Tx talking with coaches all the time, its far from that. You should know this. The main school in Tx thats JF is effecting, is UT. Too much talk between the two schools fans/players/etc.

Most years LSU gets 2 players out of the state of Tx. Not a big change if they get 1 or none. LSU has two coaches on the staff that have connections in the state of Tx, both born in the state. They have coached and played in the state.
    In 2012 the state of Tx. will have almost 400 players sign out of high school. The most of any state, so out of 400 players LSU can't get one player? C'Mon Man.

LSU was not shutout this year, in the states of:
    Ga, NC, Ca, Fla, Ms, Il, Ne and Tn.

Les and the staff will go after an OOS player if he shows a great interest in LSU, its always been this way. Many schools do this, we can't get every player wanted, this is every year. We can't get every player wanted in the state of La. Its always been this way. Still a way till signing day, LSU is doing very well this year, got some great players.

A&M cares, they could be playing for the NC, they care. He threw 3 Ints against LSU, in all the other games for the year, he only threw 3 Ints. for the whole year.That should tell you something

shane0911 likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Maybe the NCAA will make an excpetion for atm and allow them to have a 400 man roster so they can get ALL the recruits from Tx. I would love to see Mack Browns presser after that was announced.

StaceyO and Contained Chaos like this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Good one Shane.

I remember one year, LSU had a coach from Tx., he spent all this time in Tx recruiting, that year he signed one player. The next year, that coach was coaching at UT. But in the long run, it turned out well for him. I saw him at a college Spring Practice this year, still looking for a job.:)