A moment of parental bragging, if I may....

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by mctiger, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They should play Row row row your boat, faster down the stream

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

"I say row jimmy row, gonna get there I don't know, seems a common way to go so row Jimmy row" - Grateful Dead

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe he would prefer country with Boats by Kenny Chesney or some disco with Don't rock the boat baby

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Ok, so my kid (remember this is his 1st year playing baseball....he's 8 years old...most everyone he plays with has been playing for 4 years) was awarded the game ball for the 3rd time in 4 games last night. He drove in 3 runs with a triple when we were tied up with the Cubs in a MUST WIN game. We are now in 2nd place in the league. When the Cubs loaded the bases in the last inning threatening to take the game from us, my kid ran down a ball and plucked it away from an untrustworthy outfielder to end the game (my kid was playing 2nd base).

Anyways, when my kid gets to the plate, the coaches for the other teams instruct their kids to get back. THAT is just a cool feeling that I get every time it happens (every at bat).

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Next, teach him to bunt and to hit the infield single. Then everything they do is wrong.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Gold Medal today!!!! Head of the Colorado in Austin, Tx, Anthony and the mixed 4 crew take first place!

7. mctiger

Yesterday, the NSU Demons took part in a 4-team meet at Tulane, along with Vanderbilt and Rice. My son's varsity 4-boat won its race by about 3 boat lengths; first time he's won in a men's class. Next week, Tulane, 'Bama and Texas come to Natchitoches for a scrimmage, then its the John Hunter Relays at the end of the month. Suddenly feeling like NSU might be able to compete at that race.

Winston1 likes this.
  8. mctiger

Tonight was awards night for the Northwestern State Crew. Anthony received the Erg King award for the second time (that goes to the person with the best time on the computerized rowing machines), and was named Top Oarsman by vote of the team. He is the first rower in NSU history to win both of those awards in the same season!

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Dude, just reading through the thread for the first time. Pretty cool to read how he just started out of interest after hearing the coach speak at some orientation event to now winning races and awards. Congrats, man!

mctiger likes this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Northwestern is a good spot for crew boats. Cane River is the perfect watercourse for it. Long, no current, not many power boats, and a quarter-mile from campus.